rude

fred123

people forget both people are on trial when dating. why everyone thinks it should be the man bending down for the women.

No one is on trial for anything. You're just getting to know one another and clearly, how she is doesn't work with how you are. Not everyone is going to fit, no matter how desperately you need for them to fit.

no she should also be worried about how her comments make her look and whether i want to continue dating someone like that.

Actually, she doesn't because if she cared how she came across to you, she most likely would have used other words. You are assuming that she has you on the same pedestal that you have her on.

lol like i even think or care what she thinks if i get pissy

so why this post if you don't care what she thinks?

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
If you don't like her attitude, stop seeing her.

^^^ This 100%

Its still early in the dating / "getting to know you" phase and you don't have much invested in this endeavor, so quit. This comment is "stuck in your craw" and has tainted the early dating stage. A quick text to tell her you don't think the two of you are compatible and move on to the "NEXT"!!

Would you find it acceptable to make a comment like that to a woman? If no, then you and her aren't compatible. Unless there was malicious intent on her part, its no one's fault.

You could calmly explain how the comment made you feel, but that may have more of a negative effect than a positive one.

Trouble is some people like to make outrageous statements in order for the two of you to bat back and forth with witty comments. It's called banter.

If you take everything to heart and treat it like it is a huge insult, and you are mortally wounded by it, then you will never get anywhere. UK humour can be cutting at times.

BUT if you feel the Inbetweeners comment was deliberately nasty and a step too far, then cut her off, do not put up with it.