Anyone else struggle with emotions and dating?

Sunnydaysandsome

There is no need to be in a hurry to date (unless you want children and your clock is ticking). Spend time doing things you enjoy on your own and with friends. When the time is right you'll meet someone and either not feel the anxiety or be willing to chance it anyway.

That's the approach I'm taking. When I try to push myself it just makes me feel even more emotionally fragile. Sometimes we need to regroup and come to terms with the past before moving forward. It's only been four months, don't stress about it.

The Outlaw

I haven't dated anyone in quite awhile, and the last time I did, it was a disaster, but it was also a learning experience. Good people are out there, but it's like navigating this endless maze to find one. And despite anything and everything, just remain optimistic about it. It always sucks when you put time and effort into someone and they're flaky.

hotpotato
I think the desire for and plan to have dialogs about relationship problem solving should be mentioned very early, and the response gauged. If you're love interest responds favorably, you're good to go. If the response is unfavorable, there could be trouble ahead.

Will that make a difference? In the end you can't control how someone feels.