Friends or...?

edgy girl. I am a Protagonist on the Myers Briggs scale.

What does that mean Mysterio?

Happy Lemming
...I mean how else could I show interest?

You could ask him out... Tell him there is a local art festival, art walk, or museum you are going to check out (this weekend), would he like to join you?? Something like this isn't too serious, make it a day date and see where it goes.

It would definitely show him you are interested in him, as you want to spend more time with him.

• Like 1
  • Author

Protagonist? Which type is that specifically. I know a lot about MB but never heard of it.

edgy girl. I am a Protagonist on the Myers Briggs scale.
Do you think it’s okay for things to develop slowly?

Absolutely. You have to let the idea of being with you mature in his mind. For that to happen you just be your lovely self, and he'll do the rest.

• Like 1
You could ask him out... Tell him there is a local art festival, art walk, or museum you are going to check out (this weekend), would he like to join you?? Something like this isn't too serious, make it a day date and see where it goes.

It would definitely show him you are interested in him, as you want to spend more time with him.

I’m betting he knows she is interested. Sit back and see if he asks you out again and assume it’s a date again. I suspect he will ask again. Don’t fret so much if things don’t get physical ASAP, doesn’t mean he isn’t interested. If he wasn’t interested then he would have not offered coffee so he could get away quicker. Whether it’s friendship or romantic interest, really have to see how it plays out.

• Like 1
amaysngrace

Gretchen gives good advice. You need to just sit back and stop stressing if he likes you or not just because you didn’t get a kiss good night.

With some men it’s all they’re after. Seeing that he hasn’t tried anything yet seems like he may see you as somebody he could have a good relationship with and doesn’t want to ruin it by rushing things too soon.

It could just be it’s a sign of respect.

• Like 1
Gretchen gives good advice. You need to just sit back and stop stressing if he likes you or not just because you didn’t get a kiss good night.

Yeah.

Concur.

• Author

You’re right smiley1. i thought about that - on dates I didn’t like a man I couldn’t wait to get out of there. The fact he asked to go for a second coffee round after the date made me think he at least enjoyed my company — which made me happy as I also didn’t want to leave :love: Gosh I feel like silly a teenager * eye roll * Let’s see though if it’s potential love or friendship.

Thanks everyone y’all awesome as always :bunny:

If he wasn’t interested then he would have not offered coffee so he could get away quicker. Whether it’s friendship or romantic interest, really have to see how it plays out.
You’re right smiley1. i thought about that - on dates I didn’t like a man I couldn’t wait to get out of there. The fact he asked to go for a second coffee round after the date made me think he at least enjoyed my company — which made me happy as I also didn’t want to leave :love: Gosh I feel like silly a teenager * eye roll * Let’s see though if it’s potential love or friendship.

Thanks everyone y’all awesome as always :bunny:

well *of course* he enjoyed your company edgy....who wouldn't?

• Like 1

Can't second guess him but eh , for a start only 12 mths out of a 20yr marriage , and another relationship that turned to shyt in between, if he's got any brains he's not about to go rushing back in until he's satisfied it's with someone he really sees something with.

So l'm thinking it's a wait and see l'm afraid. lf he contacts you again or shows any romantic interest next time if he does.

• Like 1
  • Author

I agree chillii. He actually said as much. That he will only commit to someone again if he feels that “pull” towards her. That he agreed to commit with this woman he was with, but realized he didn’t feel that for her. He said that until and when he feels that about someone, he prefers to be monogamously (sex-wise etc) non-committed to someone. He kinda pre-warned me on his current feelings about all this before we met when we were talking about our past and current interests - which I really appreciated, I think honesty might be my fave quality in someone. I bet his too, given what his ex wife did.

If I’m honest, I also prefer to be single than to be with someone I’m half hearted about... so I think he and I are on the same page in some way. I told him though that due to being single for a while now, I probably crave monogamy more than he does. I find it so refreshing and crazy that we could be so honest with each other. All this talk happened before we met though, and usually things change after you meet someone. Let’s see how it goes. It’ll be fine either way.

Edited by edgygirl
  • Like 1