does anybody give the Silent Treatment?

amaysngrace

• Author
amaysngrace

I’m sorry alphamale. It’s a terrible place to be in for sure.

I’m sorry alphamale. It’s a terrible place to be in for sure.

thanks amaysngrace

• Like 1
  • Author
amaysngrace

So texting him has now become stressful. What use to be normal causes a rise in me if he doesn’t answer my text right away.

What total BS is that?

I am totally okay when people don’t return my text right away. I don’t always get to them either. But now as I wait for his reply I feel the tension start to build inside me.

I’m going to have to learn how to navigate through this better and I’d give it some thought if I wasn’t so tired from not be able to sleep two nights this week.

I was stupid to think this was over. Maybe it is on his end but I’m still feeling the effects. Please anybody who does this to people who love you, please just stop. Grow up and learn how to use your words.

• 4 weeks later...
Rule #1 in wedding seating etiquette is not to put people together who don’t get along.

Yes, that is literally the ONLY rule of seating etiquette, and the fact he did what he did was a slap in your face and punishing you. I just wouldn't go along with it at all. He knows what he did.

Call him or go see him in person and see if he still has the nerve to pull this stunt when it takes more than ignoring a text.

• Like 1
  • Author
amaysngrace

It’s long been resolved.

I hadn’t slept for days and needed to put an end to it so kid +1, mom 0

It’s not my style at all and I’d usually tell him to piss off but at least I’m aware of it if there’s ever a next time.

• Like 2

Ugh. I am so sorry. Well, this absolves you of any obligation towards him, in my opinion. Strictly optional what you do or don't do now in his regard. I think you're right that he's thrown in with people who aren't really even there for him and resent him. I hope he gains better sense once he has a child and realizes what he's done.

Edited by preraph
  • Like 1
oceanblue12

The silent treatment accomplishes NOTHING....trying to avoid issues/problems just makes things worse. Abuse comes in many forms and mental abuse is horrible as well.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

The silent treatment is a form of abuse.

Since this was your son you're talking about, I'd have a talk with him during a non-neutral more happy time to let him know this behavior is not ok, especially if/when he's in a long term romantic partnership. It's so damaging and unhealthy. (Glad you resolved it)

• Like 3
  • Author
amaysngrace

I agree that it’s abusive. Luckily my other two were home and I asked them each to please don’t ever do this to me and I promise to never do it to you either. It was horrible.

He’s my oldest son, I had him before I was married and so he’s my other two’s half brother. After an incident at our marital home when he was five, his dad, my parents and I all decided it was best for him to go back home (the house he was brought home to from the hospital as a newborn and lived all his life before I got married) and his dad (not my husband) and I agreed to sign custody over to my parents.

My dad gave the silent treatment so I’m sure that’s where he learned it. He was more than likely on the receiving end of my dad’s silent treatment at some point in time.

He’s getting married next month. I won’t mention it before the wedding, those kids have enough on their plates right now, but I’m going to address it sometime afterwards. It’s already on my to-do list.

• Like 1