Finally found out the truth.

RecordProducer

But they are allowed to play with your son, right? You can call them on the phone. I think she will change her mind later. Hopefully.

Don't loose hope on women Chad. Yes you have had a bad run. I did too. Was married for 18 years, 2 lovely boys. I still feel sad that it didn't work, 3 years later. He was a very selfish man, not a family man etc... I didn't think too much of men but then I met a few guys who I became friends with and it was really good for me. They are both really geniune nice guys and hey that really restored my image of men.

As for your ex not coping with your son, that's a hard one. My son left to go to the Gold Coast today for 2 weeks and I cried for 2 hours before he left. I really hope I am not like that for the next two weeks. My younger one has stayed home with me so we are planning to spend some great quality time together. I am a mother that never will understand another mother deserting her children.

As for your recent breakup, that's very sad. Unfortunately the children are being hurt by all this. I think you just need to let her move on and I know you don't have a choice in that matter but in your mind let her move on. Do not involve the children. It is probably even better if you say to them that you do not want to hear anything about what is going on with her. I have not liked everything that has gone on with my ex and believe me it has been one hell of a bitter break up. I tell my boys that their dad has a right to move on with his life and that I hope everyone will be happy. I do this, not because that's how I feel but to not involve the children. My ex has involved them in everyway he possibly can, he even used to ask them who's car was parked at my place. I have now had to put an order in place to stop him coming into my street. Anyhow, this involvement with the children has really screwed around with their head. It's not fair. I do feel for you and your step children but just try to think of the children and believe me the less you talk about her the better.

There are some wonderful women out there. Meet as many women as you can but just as friends so that perhaps you can get that confidence back that I got.

Look after yourself, go out with friends, listen to music, have a nice bath and a vino... You sound like a lovely guy who has been treated badly. Let her go, she is a toxic waste you can do without.

Good luck...

Maz

• Author

i dont think i have said it yet, but i would like to thank the people that have posted on this thread, you guys have *really* helped me during my darkest hour.

i havnt spoken to my ex for over a week now, and there has been no txts or any contact at all either.

i can feel the start of my new life, im getting used to her not being around, my heart still does ache for her tho, and i dont think i will ever cope with the shock of what has happened, as in my mind all i can remember is the ray of sunshine she used to bring into my life, not this monster that she has become.

i try very hard not to think about her, but everytime all i can picture is her with this guy, thinking yeah i bet shes sending him the same texts she used to send me, bet she is doing the same things in bed with him as she used to with me, and the most heartrending thing is... i bet the kids have forgotten about me now, and are enjoying their new `uncle`.

like i was a bad smell in their lifes, and have been flushed away without trace.

yeah, its a hard day today. :(

Hi Chad

A bad day huh? Try and go out with friends and keep yourself busy. The thoughts that go through your head are normal, they will ease with time.

Try not to think about her and what she is doing. The kids I am sure have not forgotten about you but as I said, you have to keep them out of all this and discourage any communication about what is happening between you, her and the boyfirend.

Har to do but you need to think about the kids.

Pick yourself up....stop thinking negative. You are in control of your life. It's up to you.

Take care.