Angry at the abuse

Alice82

I did some asking. In Corpus Christi, the police unit who handles sex and human trafficking is actually called the Family Violence Unit. I have a contact name for you that a women's shelter in Corpus gave me. It's Debra Garcia 361-886-2674.

So call that and be patient. Detectives, usually you have to leave a message and ask them to call you back. Tell her you need help. While you've had bad response from the PD before, this unit is trained to take it seriously, so if there is something they can do, they will.

A national hotline where you might find more resources, but I tried to call them and they never picked up is 1-888-373-7888 National Human Trafficking hotline. It should be a good number but these places often run on volunteers. The lady at the shelter told me it should be a good resource for help as well. Call them both.

Don't take a bad attitude with the police, even if you've found them to be unhelpful so far. Be polite and don't overtalk them. Yes, ma'am, no, ma'am.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Edited by preraph
  • Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

Where are you posting from, Alice? I mean, generally....your house? A library? Coffee shop?

• Like 2

Alice, I myself have been set up by the police before, so I don't doubt what you say, but they're mostly not like that. And there is emphasis now on building special units to handle human trafficking and they are better schooled and don't look upon everyone who ever got dragged into some crime as a perp but those who get the education on it know these are victims.

I asked you before and you didn't answer if those guys who are human trafficking are undocumented illegal aliens, and you didn't answer but have mentioned the border over and over. So I am assuming at least some of them are. I know how some of these traffickers operate because I follow it and get to read some stuff.

I wanted to know if these are illegals because if they are, that's one more resource you can report it to: ICE and U.S. Border Patrol. But you've got to try to report it to someone and help them and then whoever takes it will get the ball rolling if they feel there's enough substance to act upon. If you go to the ICE home page, there should be a place there to contact them and leave tips. You may be illegal yourself and this fear may be holding you back. But ICE only goes after people with warrants, and the warrants can be from anywhere in the world. They talk to others to get to the ones with warrants.

You should tip everyone off that you can. This unit that I gave you the number of the woman no doubt conducts long-term investigations into these type organizations. Nothing will happen overnight, I can tell you that. But you should give them as much info as you have and leave the door open to work with them --- and then I'd advise you to leave the area.

I called the number I gave you for Debra Garcia to be sure it was good, and it is. As expected, you'd have to leave a message, but wanted to tell you that she is describing herself in her phone recording as "Victim Case Manager," if that makes you feel any better about contacting her.