Confident Women on Dating Sites

Meadowflower, thank you for the message, cool I would like to message you.

I will check with loveshack people.

Obviously I am reluctant to put up a contact e mail or anything in public but we will figure out a way!

You don't need to check with them, it's something that happens automatically. Once you have posted a certain number of times on LS and I think been a member a certain amount of time, your LS 'status' will change and then you are able to message other LS members (dependant on their LS 'status').

• Author
You don't need to check with them, it's something that happens automatically. Once you have posted a certain number of times on LS and I think been a member a certain amount of time, your LS 'status' will change and then you are able to message other LS members (dependant on their LS 'status').

I see. I better make some more posts so!

well I look forward to making contact with you.

can be a true saying I suppose, meet new people from unlikely sources or when least expect too!

It's such a conundrum. Even if you do choose to not use apps and find a date in public, the other person is in swipe-land and not worried about the public connection working out as much because they are in the freaking bathroom of the restaurant when you are out on your date, probably swiping on the toilet before your date is even finished! Know what I'm saying y'all? It's a total crap-fest of obscurity in the new-age dating world. It can get frustrating at times.

What I find ironic is that I am a reasonably successful woman with an impressive education & licensure. Being on OLD was one of the worst, most depressing things I ever did. There was so much rejection & negativity. It was demoralizing.

Yep I feel you it's the same for me as a male but tinder not OLD (what is OLD btw). I know my self-worth.. it was kinda sh*tty going on a date with a woman and realizing she has nothing going for her and can't relate to what it's like to truly dedicate yourself to a degree or career. Thought at least the sex would be nice but even that I felt sh*tty about when the morning came. Had to delete the app after a few dates.

(what is OLD btw). .

OLD = on line dating

It's a generic acronym for all dating that goes through a computer or phone app: Tinder, Bumble, match, OK Cupid, Plenty of Fish, Christian Mingle, Single Farmers etc.

PhillyLibertyBelle
Hey,

Looking for some thoughts on this.

I am a late 30s guy who has sampled online dating over the past few years.

I have met perhaps 15 ladies in this time (and still searching for the right person although I have made friendships with 3!!)

What has generally surprised me with the online dating is how confident, articulate, well travelled and high achievers the ladies are.

I suppose my perception initially was that ladies on online dating sites might be a little bit less confident, less achievers etc.

Why do you think women on online dating sites are so confident?

I feel like I am a decent guy , however my personality is best suited to a girl who is somewhat less of an achiever, a little more vulnerable and so on.

and where are the less confident, more down to earth women, or where can one meet them?

I just posted a thread about the opposite thing. Why can’t confident accomplished women get a chance with you? What do you mean by down to earth?

PhillyLibertyBelle
The more educated and accomplished a woman is, the harder time she has finding a suitable partner in general, as most women don't find men who are less accomplished than they are desirable for romance. So online dating is a typical route for these women to search from a wider pool.

Also, accomplished women are usually better marketers, know how to take and showcase those attention-grabbing photos that reel in prospective dating site dates.

For the less accomplished women you're seeking, you'll need to look under the radar. Filter to women with only a high school education or some college. Look at the profiles with pics that are less glam, more average.

In the wild, chat with women in service occupations - waitress, barista, store cashier, cleaning lady.

I wish I read this before I posted my thread! Great post. Thanks

The more educated and accomplished a woman is, the harder time she has finding a suitable partner in general, as most women don't find men who are less accomplished than they are desirable for romance. So online dating is a typical route for these women to search from a wider pool.

Also, accomplished women are usually better marketers, know how to take and showcase those attention-grabbing photos that reel in prospective dating site dates.

For the less accomplished women you're seeking, you'll need to look under the radar. Filter to women with only a high school education or some college. Look at the profiles with pics that are less glam, more average.

In the wild, chat with women in service occupations - waitress, barista, store cashier, cleaning lady.

I think this is great advice, particular those filters might be useful as well.

The funny part is, when I was dating men my OLD experience was often quite poor and also, I found it difficult to find men who I felt had similar education, career, lifestyle etc as me. When I started dating women this changed drastically! I found that it was actually a lot easier for me to find that. So I think from my anecdotal experience, the pool of women who were impressive were a lot more than the men.

• 2 weeks later...
Eternal Sunshine

I can easily say that in 35+ age group, there is about 10 accomplished women to 1 accomplished man. It's possibly less than that even, I remember browsing through 50 or so profiles and not finding anyone with similar education/career/lifestyle.

And that 1 accomplished man is chasing unemployed 23 year olds :lmao:. That's why I gave up dating.

• Like 1

And that 1 accomplished man is chasing unemployed 23 year olds :lmao:. That's why I gave up dating.

What is the logic here? Is it necessary to be with that one accomplished man? And in the end of the day, what does it even mean to be accomplished? If you're successful you don't need his money anyway.

Sunnydaysandsome

This is a terrible attitude. You are good enough for these women.

This is why quality women are single. Men aren't confident enough to up their game.