Men, why “re-pursue” a woman you have ghosted?

thatgirl10000

What happened to the guy who came back to your friend 2 months after ghosting her? Did he stick around, or did he end up ghosting her again?

He wanted to take her out on another date, but she had lost interest by then and told him so. I think after that, he just stopped contacting her and she hasn't heard from him since (middle of last year).

He's just waiting in the shadows. He basically wanted a FWB and is hoping you'll go along with it too.

He does this so you don't forget about him. He's now on your mind. He has you curious and no doubt when he got you to think about him, you remember the sex and so now he got that in your mind too.

Planting seeds...

Though I do commend you for blocking him while you're in a relationship. Loyal women are hard to find!

Mrs._December

For jack-holes like this guy, the world is his candy store. He just makes his way through whatever women will give him the time of day. Why settle for just one?

He dated you a couple times, had sex with you, then for him it was time to move on to the next conquest. However, he knows you were a 'sure thing' for him (sexually) so he kept you in the limbo pile in case times got lean, which they occasionally have over the last couple of years and that's why you've heard from him randomly and out of the blue.

For some guys, it's simply a numbers game. I'll never forget years ago I was out at a nightclub and when the band played a slow song, I saw this guy literally go randomly from woman to woman to woman, asking each of them to dance until he finally got one who said 'yes,' and off to the dance floor they went. I was floored by how completely unaffected he was every time a woman said 'no' and how he cheerfully just kept asking women until he found one who said yes.

This guy is that type of guy. Women are just a number to him and he works his way through them.

I have renewed interest about the responses to this... Yesterday one of the only men I did like who didn't ask me for a second date (end of 2017) "superliked" me on a dating app :confused: ???

I wonder if he didn't recognize me, or if he is now ready and finally over his divorce (I wondered at the time that might be the issue). Would you guys give something like this a second chance?

Edited by edgygirl
I have renewed interest about the responses to this... Yesterday one of the only men I did like who didn't ask me for a second date (end of 2017) "superliked" me on a dating app :confused: ???

I wonder if he didn't recognize me, or if he is now ready and finally over his divorce (I wondered at the time that might be the issue). Would you guys give something like this a second chance?

I would give it a go if he shows strong interests. I don’t have a problem with ghosting IF no exclusivity was established beforehand. Nobody owes anybody in that case imo.

Maybe he recognised you and wanted to see how you are? I dunno. People can be really random sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author
thatgirl10000
I would give it a go if he shows strong interests. I don’t have a problem with ghosting IF no exclusivity was established beforehand. Nobody owes anybody in that case imo.

Maybe he recognised you and wanted to see how you are? I dunno. People can be really random sometimes.

Sorry, I just saw this response, and I’m curious...though I know this wasn’t a response to my original post. Do you really believe that ghosting is ok if no exclusivity has been established? What if you have slept together, which was what happened in my case? It’s true that if you’re still in the casual dating stages, nobody really owes you anything. That said, isn’t it still disrespectful and insulting to ghost someone...to just vanish without some sort of explanation?

I sure wouldn't do it, but I would never ghost a woman who I was in a relationship with in the first place.

The past is the past, I never go back.

Women sometimes have this unrealistic view of how men's desire works. There is this belief that a man will know quickly if he is attracted to a woman and that this level of attraction stays the same. He will chase her endlessly despite other suitors and make his feeling known to her. If there is no "love at first sight" then its not real. This is all fairy tale romance thinking..

What actually happens is that a man can be repelled by a woman and ghost her, but then later realize he has made a mistake. Or perhaps there was just something else happening in life such so that the guy could not focus on romantic relationships and stopped all contact.

There are lot's of silly rules for relationships that no one stops and takes the time to think about. It is no wonder we have so many problems as humans.