Do men hate being single as much as women do?

I have been single all my long life and hate it. Gave up on the idea many years ago and now it is to late. Hey, it probably would not have worked anyway, I figure, just like my GFs did not go well.

Obviously, everyone's answer will be different and some will not admit it. Women like to think men just want sex. Not true, that's an old stereotype. The more we age, very often other issues are much more important. Is it better to marry and get divorced then not be married at all? I tend to think the former, not latter. Some singles have magnetism, some are anti-magnetic and some marry for the wrong reasons.

Some men hate being single as much as some women hate being single. And there are both men and women who prefer being single .

There are some men who don’t enjoy chasing women and prefer to have one SO to meet their needs. It is proven by the fact that divorced men remarry faster and at a higher rate than divorced women.

l think they might remarry for a different reason though than what that suggests.

Because even going through divorce later 40s just about every woman l met deep down wanted to get remarried, not saying to me but they did wanna remarry. Where as l've met very few guys that would remarry some would but only if they were 200% sure about her but even then very very cautiously. But most haven't cared either way.

But l found the marriage thing still comes on pretty strong pretty fast from the women. lt still seems much the same as back in 20s to me most girls wanted to get married so if you were with a gf longer than a 5 or 6 mths the marriage pressure would usually start and much the same now l've found.

So if a guy does get with someone new and it lasts awhile chances are she'll wanna remarry.

Hate to say it but l think it's easier even later in life for a guy to get remarried there seems to be a lot more women that wanna remarry than guys.

But eh , maybe that's just my world but l def' noticed it.

Edited by chillii
some_username1
Most of the guys I know want to be in a relationship more than my girl friends.

Yeah men seem very one-dimensional if you go by the way they are described on here. It's certainly not the case from what I see and experience in real life. There is more to life than sex and there is (usually!) more to a man's emotional development than an endless quest for cheap and easy sex.

• Like 1

Being Single to me is like this in my head. I can do what I want without consulting anyone.

The other side is that I have no active physical affection on a regular basis. No Sex/Kissing/Making out etc. I don't like that aspect of it. I don't see women being very affectionate outside of having a romantic relationship.

In my world for the most part. There is no FWB for me. There is no seeing hookers. Thats not my thing. I have a friend that is 10 yrs younger than me named JC. Even though she is one of my physical types. She is not into me that way. So to do a FWB would never work. I never feel like my female friends and other women acquaintances are agitated to not have affection. They think about making love etc to their men or if they are single, thats whats on their mind.

Do I hate being single? Technically no. I just can't stand having no physical/sexual affection in my life. I also want more than that, but its so fused together.

My ideal relationship is a woman in her 30/40's. Attracted to me. We have develop a physical bond of romantic affection. We also have a music/interesting conversation bond as well. We take it from there and see where it goes. I would want her to look pretty as I try to make myself looks Handsome/cute. Work out and eat healthy as well.

The one thing I don't like with my life is that I can't stand that my romantic picks are unworkable for the most part. Its like every woman I like is attached in some way or if they are single. They are aloof in some sort of way.

I think that I am pretty easy to be with. I am not expecting every day to be some high octane adventure nor a dour vibe as well. Just steady. I feel happiest with a lot of physical affection in a playful way.

• Like 1
Yeah men seem very one-dimensional if you go by the way they are described on here.<snip>

Yeah , l don't believe 3/4 of the rubbish l read round here about that sorta stuff, but then l'm not in the states which seems to be the mentality often if the nets anything to go by.

But most guys l know have a lot more depth that that.

And me , l couldn't care less if not with the right girl and the whole package.

==========

They don't need a relationship if that's all they want it makes no sense anyway.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Merge
DrReplyInRhymes
I'm curious how men feel about being single. I realize that it depends very much on the individual, but as a general observation I've noticed that women who don't want to be single blame outwardly (there are no good men out there!) and men who don't want to be single blame inwardly (i'm not tall enough, rich enough, etc.)

Just curious if this is a true generalization? For me personally, I believe I'm still single (when I don't want to be) because I haven't found the right man. I blame myself a little bit for wanting what I want (and wish that I wanted less) but truth is I can't compromise myself. I made a promise long ago not to betray myself anymore -- surprise, surprise, years later I'm still single ha! But I feel better about myself, and I value that more than a relationship status.

What about you single gentlemen? Does being single affect you this much? Or is it easier not to be bothered? Just curious if there's a difference between the sexes when it comes to feelings related to being single.

Cheers!

Being single is fine, I get to do what I want, when I want, and I get to decide how,

There's a certain freedom that comes with no attachments, even if the level of sex is down (or nonexistent),

However, as with any situation, there are perks and there are cons with not having a loved one,

For I do miss intimacy, romance, and the closeness that comes with relationships a ton.

In my opinion:

Even a tumultuous relationship can ascribe to those inner traits of a man to be better,

To be protective and loving, to be purposeful and motivated, to cause him to want to be a go-getter,

A woman can balance a man out like no other hobby or freedom or any other attachment could,

I can't speak for all men, but in my mind, that kind of connection brings an abundance of love, as it should.

• Like 1
Yeah men seem very one-dimensional if you go by the way they are described on here. It's certainly not the case from what I see and experience in real life. There is more to life than sex and there is (usually!) more to a man's emotional development than an endless quest for cheap and easy sex.

Yep, exactly. I feel very sorry for all the men who are looked down upon due to generalizations like this, because IME it really isn't true for all men, not even most men or the majority of men.

Tbh my single female friends seem to be doing a bit better than the single male friends.

Don't forget that a place like LS is going to attract men who closely tie sex to self-worth, masculinity, and acceptance (guilty as charged) as well as women who have a lot of experience with said type of man.

• Like 1