Mixed signals

falxmanolo

Why do people think dating someone in another country is going to work? Come on, use your brain. Move on to someone you can actually see in person and stop hanging to something that most likely won’t work and makes no sense.

• Like 1
I asked him straight up if he isn’t interested in me and if so that’s cool, we can just tell our parents to back off and move on

Please stop yourself next time before ever asking this question again.

If you ever have to ask this question, please keep your dignity and just move on - they are not right for you.

• Like 1
  • Author

UPDATE

thank you for your advice peeps.

Situation recap- Introduced to a potential suitor via parents. Guy didn’t take much initiative. We live in different time zones but I’m moving to his time zone later this year.

Update- my mom asked me how things are going with him and I explained to her my feelings. I haven’t texted him since Wednesday and he double-texted me saying are you busy? Anyway, going to let it die and take it’s own course.

My mom is wanting to let his parents know that he hasn’t communicated at all (this is a very south Asian setup) and that the parents should back off. Essentially my mom wants to make it clear to his parents that he’s actually being lying to them. I personally don’t think this is necessary. But my parents are insistent ? not sure how to dissuade them. We’re not kids are we?

You could say that when you move back to Dubai in December, if you're both still single, you can try then. That this almost-LDR with no communication is not working for you although you saw potential.

UPDATE