wondering how you guys would feel about this parenting situation

CautiouslyOptimistic

Sounds like she has a pretty sweet arrangement! I've never heard anything like this, but more power to them. She must be a very relaxed and involved mom with all that time on her hands.

Sounds like this guy is rich. It’s not that uncommon for a rich guy to have that kind of arrangement, both financially and in terms of how involved he is in his son’s life.

• Like 1
If the arrangement works for them, then I guess that's fine,

Years ago there was a poster here that had a similar financial situation, the Dad however was a big part of the kids lives, from my understanding he was pretty wealthy...

I myself couldn't go a month without seeing my son either.. man that basically means he isn't the Dad to the child, how eff'd up the kid will feel that his Dad doesn't love him enough to spend time with him.

Like you I spend as much family time as I can with him, Baseball season just started so that will suck up tons of us time....

I feel for the child in the opening post and if I were in the thread starters shoes would think twice about starting a relationship with someone who can be such a cold and callous parent.

• Like 2
littleblackheart

My opinion is that I would reserve judgment until I know the guy more.

He's either a very decent guy, having come to terms with a life-changing decision he had no part in and made it clear he didn't want as best he could;

or bits of the story are missing.