My Poem is Getting Published!!

Awesome!!!

I had an article published in the late 1990's (I'm no writer) and my mother brought out like five places, they are still sitting in a stack in the basement of my parents home.

I hope this is the start of something big for you.

• Like 1

Awesome!!!

I had an article published in the late 1990's (I'm no writer) and my mother brought out like five places, they are still sitting in a stack in the basement of my parents home. Mine wasn't creative just restated facts, so far less impressive.

I hope this is the start of something big for you.

The Dude Abides

Hi there bathtub

Congrats and I would love to read your poem, but understand your desire to remain anonymous here.

I have always loved to read and even in my younger days liked to read the 'great works of literature' even when they weren't assigned in school. :laugh: Crazy, I know !

But I always struggled with poetry. I just couldn't 'get it' most of the time. I then took a college class taught by a friend and he met with me once a week outside of class to spend more time helping me understand WTF I was reading. That seemed to make all the difference and now I get more out of the poetry I read . It is still hard work for me though.

My friend sadly is deceased now, but I proudly have all five of his books on my shelf and all five have a personal inscription in front to me. He realized what a motorhead I was with poetry and he took extra pride in getting me to appreciate what I read. :D

• Like 1
  • Author

Cool story, Dude Abides! And thank you for the congrats. I admit that there’s a lot of poetry out there that baffles me but I like it in general. I rarely read it though, although I love reading novels and biographies. Like you, I have always read on my own. I won an award in elementary school for reading the most books in the library. I didn’t think much of it at the time but it amuses me now.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats. So nice!