In love with my best friend 💔 (who’s proposing soon)

You should never see him again.

That’s IF you ever plan to meet someone you can connect with - that makes only YOU his top priority.

Sheez, it’s like you’ve been willing to be his OW all these years.

And stop lying to yourself - you’re not just friends.

He’s willing to use you... that’s all it is.

Get over him. Either way it’s way too much drama!

• Like 2
You know what really anit me though.

This morning after I told him to stop saying all those emotional things to me. One of his answer was.

« I cannot remember what I said to you I was drunk...” come on!!!

Does alcohol affect you so much?

He’s a jerk who drinks too much!

Get rid of him.

I guess they have been together for a looonnggggg time. Perhaps that’s why.

Oh I feel for him... She’s probably pinning him down day and night to propose, women become evil nagging messes when they want that and he’s probably so fed up and tired he’ll follow through...

Call him 3 years after the marriage when their divorce is finalized and you can be happy ever after:) Joking but seriously he’s getting brainwashed by her and that’s why he acts like a lunatic with you ... think if you have the time to wait for him, he’ll be available and ready but god knows when ...

Perhaps he wants to sew his last wild oats before he marries and knows saying ILY is the quickest way in a girl's panties when he knows she wants him. I bet he wasn't drunk when he asked his girl to marry him. Don't take his ILYs seriously because if he really did he would be working on being with you and dumping her. Until you see that action keep it moving.

• Like 1
  • Author

You guys are right.

Hes being immature, just now 3am in my time i received another drunk messages. He’s just screaming for attention and I won’t give it to him anymore...he’s obviously drunk in a party and I’m the one hes texting to be Honest the more you guys write and the more he writes it just seems to add up.

Hes a child who want a new toy to play with for a bit and because he cannot unwrape it hes just making a scene.

I’ll stay away from now on...

• Like 1
You guys are right.

Hes being immature, just now 3am in my time i received another drunk messages. He’s just screaming for attention and I won’t give it to him anymore...he’s obviously drunk in a party and I’m the one hes texting to be Honest the more you guys write and the more he writes it just seems to add up.

Hes a child who want a new toy to play with for a bit and because he cannot unwrape it hes just making a scene.

Seriously, this isn’t a nice friend.

And he drinks way too much!

Find friends that don’t manipulate you by lying. He’s also terribly disrespectful to you AND the gal he plans to marry.

None of the qualities you’ve described him having are attractive to me - in fact I’d do my best to end a relationship like this. As long as you’re friends with him you’re not gonna make room for a significant man that makes only you his top priority!

He’s in that class I’d call “time waster”.

• Like 1

Hi, I read your thread. And it reminds me soooooo much of my situation, only thing is, I took his bait. Hook, line, and sinker. I let it go way too far. Feel free to read my thread if you want to.

Point is, he isn’t being forced to marry her. If he wanted you, he’d be with you. Not just drunk text or flirt or kiss once in a while. He wants to get you out of his system before he ties the knot. Don’t think things will ever get easier or better. You cannot remain his friend after this. I know that’s not what you want to hear, I didn’t either, but it’s the truth.

I’m sorry... you can private message me if you want to talk.

• Like 1
You guys are right.

Is she ever with him when he’s out drunk? I’m assuming not if he’s texting you. If a guy goes out that much without his girlfriend and gets loaded, it means there’s a lot of unhappiness in his relationship/home life. That doesn’t mean you should do anything about it. I’m just saying...

You will have to move on, delete all contacts with him and for do this you need to meet new friends to keep you going, to keep you busy like go traveling, play sports, join a dance class, go sky diving, relax with family etc. Also, keep your mind busy focus on your future goals & things that you love doing. All these things will stop you from having a crush on him & you won't have to be awkward around him anymore.

This sounds like a movie plot. I think you should tell him how you feel. You only live once. You may regret it later if you let him go by, and marry his girlfriend who he's obviously not that in love with. When you're both older and he divorces her, or is in an unhappy marriage, you guys will regret not getting together while it still was possible. I know how hard confessing may look, but I believe honesty is one of the keys to happiness. If he brushes you off, then it will be difficult but you'll have to move on. At least you'll have your answer.