Is he worth my time?

Tagalz

• Author

I'm testing because I am the only one who asks him to hangout which is me showing interest to actually spend time with him.

If he don't contact me then I know that he's not interested in being with me. I believe it is important for both parts to show interest in a friendship and right now it's just me and not him showing interest.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Redact quote of prior post

Completely get this. I had “friends” at my prior job. I tried reaching out to them initially when I left and then pretty much left them alone for 3 months and maybe only one got in touch. I think it’s a good approach. It really irritates me when all the initiation comes from me and otherwise no one else would hang out/talk.

Well, when he DID ask you out, you had a bad excuse and said no (the shops are closed. Really?) No wonder he isn't lined up to ask you out all the time. You have to do something HE wants to do sometime, not just what you want to do. At least he's outspoken enough to say he's bored hanging out at your place. Do you two have any common interests?

Therefore I’m going to test him.

Tagalz,

You are needing to spend waayyyyy too much of your time and Energy on this guy!

If he doesn't contact you for Wednesday, then you're going to make another excuse for why you need to make another test.

What is blocking you (your mind) from already accepting that you are not as important to him as he is to you? <-- Sorry to be blunt,

but you really do need to start thinking about this 'relationship/friendship' in an entirely different way. For your own sake, and for your own mental-emotional-social health and well-being.

• Author
Completely get this. I had “friends” at my prior job. I tried reaching out to them initially when I left and then pretty much left them alone for 3 months and maybe only one got in touch. I think it’s a good approach. It really irritates me when all the initiation comes from me and otherwise no one else would hang out/talk.

Hhaha yes! It's about showing that the interest is there for both parts. I think that's important in a friendship :)

• Author
Well, when he DID ask you out, you had a bad excuse and said no (the shops are closed. Really?) You have to do something HE wants to do sometime, not just what you want to do.

I agree that it was a lame excuse and that we have to do something that he really wants and NOT just what I want.

But at the same time he says "I don't know" every time I ask him "What do you want to do?" I don't think he really cares about what we are doing. All he cares about is to be with me not to sound gay-ish hahah

• Author
Tagalz, You are needing to spend waayyyyy too much of your time and Energy on this guy! If he doesn't contact you for Wednesday, then you're going to make another excuse for why you need to make another test. What is blocking you (your mind) from already accepting that you are not as important to him as he is to you? <-- Sorry to be blunt.

Nah just go ahead and be blunt it's okay. Well that is hard to say. I think the feelings is mutual? He asks me to do something today which is wednesday so that only means that he still cares :D

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix quote
  • Author

Yo!

he asks if I wanted to do something today and I said yes. So yeah it means that he is still interested to hang out. I'm just writing about what we did.

I started to wait for him outside the university and then we went to eat. We had a discussion wether or not the results of the match against Barcelona vs Real madrid was a good one. He's opinion is that the match was a bad one to Real because they needed the win while my opinion was that it was bad for Barcelona because they only got 1 point. So yeah it was a lot of conversations about football which I like!

After that we walked around the city but I got tired of walking so we sat down a bit. He said why am I so emotional? I was like what I'm just tired of walking I don't understand why he calls me for a emotional guy. It's okay to be tired of walking hahah

Other than that it was a awesome day

• Author

Hey!

So I remember I was testing my friend to see if he's interested in hanging out with me. I stopped contacting him since It's always me who initiate contact, so he did pass the test and asked me out.

Well now it seems like he is not interested at all. I like to take turns so since he contacted me, then it's my turn now.

I said let's hang out tomorrow and he said "I can't I have other plans" then I said look it's fine but what about wednesday?

He just answered me with "Nice" like wtf? Did he just not read what I wrote or did he just say "Nice" to give me a sign?

• Author
Tagalz, do you have a romantic interest in this guy?

No hahah I'm not gay. When I write "Hang out" i mean as a friend. It's just that the language collapses from Norwegian to English. But since I have addressed it now you know that I don't have any romantic interest in that guy :)

• Author
Sounds like he agreed.

Yeah agreed to not be my friend anymore. And I have no idea why he is acting like that.

If it is causing you to wonder whether he is worth the effort of just even making friends with and causing all this confusion, what does that tell you?

Relieve the "pain."

But since I have addressed it now you know that I don't have any romantic interest in that guy :)

Then why do you keep speaking and acting exactly like someone who actually does have a romantic interest in this guy?

• Author
If it is causing you to wonder whether he is worth the effort of just even making friends with and causing all this confusion, what does that tell you?

Relieve the "pain."

Well it tells me that he's not interested. But I won't jump to conclussion too fast. He has passed the test but it seems like I have to give him more tests which I won't do cause then I'm too kind.

I'm just going to give him one more chance. If he doesn't reply or still answer me with "Nice" then I'm cutting him off

• Author
Then why do you keep speaking and acting exactly like someone who actually does have a romantic interest in this guy?

hahah good question. I don't have other ways to form the sentence :D

Well it tells me that he's not interested. But I won't jump to conclussion too fast. He has passed the test but it seems like I have to give him more tests which I won't do cause then I'm too kind.

I'm just going to give him one more chance. If he doesn't reply or still answer me with "Nice" then I'm cutting him off

I’d just cut it already. Still better response than my “best friend” who uttered one word to me in three months.

• Like 1
  • Author
I’d just cut it already. Still better response than my “best friend” who uttered one word to me in three months.

Yes but It may sounds like it’s all he’s fault and not mine. I want to talk to him and ask why he’s not interested. Then I can figure out what the problem was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey!

This is about my friend who is not serious when it comes to hanging out. No I'm not gay me and him are friends.

So here is the thing: I asked if he wanted to do something yesterday. He said sure let me eat and then I call you.

he calls me, but I said that I we can't do the same thing all the time. just walking around the city have we been doing all the time. and it was late so all the shops were closed. I told him that I'm going to hangout at this place where teenagers plays fifa, poker and chill. Sort of a club. He said sure just call me tomorrow and we talk from there.

Me today: I call him 2-3 times without him picking up. He doesn't have an answer and just texts me so late when I'm about to go home "Hey! Sorry I didn't have time today but let's meet up tomorrow?"

Here is what I don't get: I told him I'm going to be busy tomorrow so why is that every time I'm busy he wants to hangout? There is no logic in that. I cannot hangout with him when I don't have time and when I do have time then he is the one who don't want to hang out....

Edited by Tagalz
  • Author
tagalz you need to end your relationship with this person

He answered me and said that he was in Sweden but still he could have said that to me over text. why say it so late?

• Author
tagalz you need to end your relationship with this person

Okay so I tested him. I knew that I was working on tuesday and I think he knew that as well so I said yo meet me at 3pm because I have a day off.

Then he was like fine I meet you there in an hour and then I said oh **** my manager just called and I have to be there for my colleague.

Yeah I'm done with him.