I am in a very sticky situation.... help!

I may be quite innocent but I honestly do not think he was interested in anything sexual. In my eyes, he is lonely loveless guy looking for something to fill the void of his life. And that does not entail anything sexual, at least not online. The total duration of our interaction was a couple of months (counting the time I did not know about his real life and the time I did) and in that time he did not ask me for a single photo or video and nor did he talk to me in a sexual way.

What I thought was wrong was the emotion that he was given to me, not the naughty messages because those were non existent.

Carol if you were innocent and only wanted a friendship with this guy you would want to know his wife and family (as someone asked earlier in this thread) which you have no interest in. You are hung up on some emotional conversation you had with him even though you now know he's a married man. Once you found out his marital status that should have ended any further communication with him.

Carol if you were innocent and only wanted a friendship with this guy you would want to know his wife and family (as someone asked earlier in this thread) which you have no interest in. You are hung up on some emotional conversation you had with him even though you now know he's a married man. Once you found out his marital status that should have ended any further communication with him.

In all fairness, many of us have gotten hung up on guys we shouldn’t have. She did the right thing by ending conversations with him fairly quickly.

• Like 1

Let's give her credit for wanting to help the other girl too. OP you could make a tip to the FBI. Maybe he is involved in sex trafficking? International even? Who knows what these type of predators are really up too.

• Like 1
No I’m not. I’m really disturbed. I tried to warn another girl once and she was mad at me and only engaged with him more. They are both online. I wonder if he is trying to descrédito my point. I contacted the administrators of the platform. He has been a member for over 551 days. I wonder how many times he did this.

I would just leave it alone at this point. You've already warned one and contacted the administrators so I think you've done enough. It's time to move on with your life and no longer worry about who he's chasing. They will find out about him sooner or later.

In all fairness, many of us have gotten hung up on guys we shouldn’t have. She did the right thing by ending conversations with him fairly quickly.

Yes but she is still stalking him and letting him take up her mind space. It doesn't seem that she has moved on.

• Author

I understand now that I should have ended things earlier. The way he talked and his real life did not match up. I was very confused. When I met him I was struggling with family problems and he listened. He offered me support. I had no one to talk to. I wanted a friend. That was why I was in that specific social media. But I was not looking for a lover. At all. I was a mess. Maybe that’s why I didn’t pay attention to the signs. And when I found out I was so angry. That person I thought I had feelings for didn’t exist. He had told me he was 21 or 23. When I found out I was so puzzled. I was selfish and I wanted a friend at all costs but I made clear I didn’t want him to engage with me the same way anymore. Dumb me thought he would be satisfied with a friendship. He clearly stepped out the boundaries and it got to a point where I was just uncomfortable.

I think I was really stupid to think that we could be just friends. I understand that know. And today that I’ve found he’s talking with a 14 year old I lost my ****. If it depends on me he will no longer have any social media account to contact naive girls with their world falling apart. I have talked with the admin people of the place. I’ll see what they do.

• Author
Yes but she is still stalking him and letting him take up her mind space. It doesn't seem that she has moved on.

Well I have no feelings now. Knowing how many underage girls he contacted just left me with disgust. I’ll get over it when those girls get justice. He is going down.

Does anyone ever really move on that quickly? She’s doing great, did some fast growing up in a very short span of time. We often want answers to things and, even years later, can wonder about someone we were once involved with. It doesn’t necessarily mean you haven’t moved on or are harboring feelings.

• Like 1
  • Author
Does anyone ever really move on that quickly? She’s doing great, did some fast growing up in a very short span of time. We often want answers to things and, even years later, can wonder about someone we were once involved with. It doesn’t necessarily mean you haven’t moved on or are harboring feelings.

Thank you ? I didn’t know what I should have done or said but I’m learning now. Thanks for everyone’s advice.

• Like 1