The Unpardonable Sin...

But having spirituality and a scientific mind can coexist in my little book.

Maybe so. It's something I will consider and think about. I'm always open expanding my knowledge about life. Life is something we know so little about.

Take the famous physicist Brian Greene, or the astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Brian is Jewish, and Neil is plenty happy talking about how the connectedness of the Universe is almost spiritual, but he claims his actual religious belief is agnostic.

Garcon1986,

My upbringing is very similar to yours (RC school, etc.), but I only became an astrophysics geek in my 40s. :).

I've never actually heard people using biblical/spiritual lessons to support a scientific explanation for anything, but of course it's possible that they would. On the other hand,

it is my own sense that there must be a scientific basis for the things that are recorded that Jesus did...which are also recorded in the letters of Herod and Pilate, who were not followers of Jesus.

(If interested, the letters can be found at the back of the manuscript 'The Lost Books of the Bible'...if not interested, please just ignore the link.)

I do agree with you that God and science can coexist in the same mind...and scientists do, as well...otherwise they would not have called it 'the God Particle'. :).

For me, when they do finally unravel the origin and nature of that Particle, we might just have to come to see God as the Ultimate Supreme Scientist.

In the meantime, I do very much appreciate and also go by your philosophy to just 'live and let live', without trying to force any ideas or approach onto other people.