Wife and co-worker

Turning point
I'm trying to figure out "Why" and that's something I may never know.

Why?

Because she's selfish. Seriously - that's all there is to it. You can dive into the psychology and figure out "why" she's that selfish - but, does it matter? If it were childhood trauma, postpartum depression, a personality disorder, or bad diet - the result is still selfishness and choices that are all about her.

You're a man, and that means your go-to strategy is to FIX this, and to take responsibility. You can't - because it's not about you. You're also part of the backdrop, a mental picture she paints to rationalize her bad choices. You can't fix this because she writes the script and you've already been cast as one of the villains in her soap opera.

This is why people advise ultimatums, that notion that you have to be willing to lose the marriage in order to save it. You have to go off script, step out of character and be the guy who doesn't fix this. This soap opera needs to be cancelled. If you want a happy marriage then force her to write a new script, the one that defines how she will live in your 2nd marriage. You will never trust her again unless it is she who writes, directs, and acts this new drama.

Hi Folks, I guess the OP has checked out of this forum because he does'nt like what everyone is saying and does not agree with it. It is that or he has manned up, divorced his wife or is in the process of divorcing her and now couldn't be bothered with updating the good folk here. Either way his story is a closed chapter. My thoughts for what they're worth!