No contact for 9 days following a date

I text him and ask him about the distance 9 days and he said he has just come out of a relationship and feel he needs to work on himself . He said he felt emotionally exhausted after leaving his last relationship meeting me was purely birthday drinks and he did not expect to have feelings for me . He also said that he needs time and when he is ready he will come for me and hope it not to late .... ...
There is nothing wrong with any of this. He sounds like a guy who "knows himself" pretty well and is playing it smart. Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

You don't have to cast him as a callous monster to understand he will never be the type of responsive demonstrative man you want him to be. He will always be too standoff-ish & uncommunicative for you. That doesn't make him a bad guy. It just makes him a bad guy for you to date.

Yes but he’s not looking for a relationship right now .

Oh ok. Sorry I missed that part of the thread! Sorry to hear that. :-(

That is so mean. Please refrain from making hurtful comments I was only facing up to the fact that he is not interested in anything serious right now. If he was I would be interested and I do not expect perfection of anyone which is why I was seeking advice and help from others . He told me he wanted a relationship initially now he realises he is not ready which is fine.

Yes I could carrying on dating him in hope but he needs time to sort himself out and I am not going to be the girl he heals with ,

You asked if you were being mean. I basically said "Yea, kinda" and then you called me mean. So I'm dropping out. I won't deal with this one any longer.
I'veseenbetterlol
The previous relationship ended due to constant dating for about 3 months with very little contact from him via text or phone calls , a few sporadic dates and I just got tired of it as I felt it was going nowhere and I simply stopped calling him to see if he would call me . He didn’t ! The reconnection happen because he texted me out of the blue and we started texting again and it was his birthday and he suggested meeting up again. On meeting the physical attraction was still there for me and him ( or so he said ) . I just think he is very immature and don’t want to go to the concert just want to severe ties and I got all excited thinking maybe then no contact for 9 days. He then reconnected with a text then a phone call the day after as I did not reply. Btw the most we have ever done is kissing physically and a little handholding.

Sounds like low interest to me. He contacted you prob out of boredom. He may have found another girl in that week, so he put you on the backburner. Delete his number or block it. Do not let him waste your time, do not reach out or agree to another date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Coulda woulda shoulda ,

Not really I just thought I would stop doing all the texting and calling and see what happened.

Anyway he text me again and asked to meet up ? I asked him why and he said he just wanted to see me. I asked him was he interested in seeing me romantically and he said he did not know his head was all over the place . I said that maybe he needs to take out to decide what he wants and he was confusing me with his hot and cold approach.

Anyway it’s been over a week and no contact so I guess that’s it . Thanks for all your help , insights and words x

You were right to wait until he contacted you. He probably didn’t like being called out on his behavior because most women probably chase after him. You don’t need that kind of headache in your life.