Valentine's day approaching...

LastStraw

10 year bitter marriage.

Make a few subtle enquiries before you roll out the barrel to find he hates Valentines day due to triggers and bad memories...

That’s a good point. That must be a huge baggage to carry.

• Author

Sure, generic advice doesn't apply to every couple, but overall ideas and expectations I guess would hold. Plus it never hurts to learn from experience of other people.

I'm going to customize it for him obviously.

Just... it is so much easier for the guys to surprise their GFs or wives than other way round :D For a woman, flowers & chocolates can't go wrong... For a man, the options are there but not that obvious.

I'll look for Pinterest recipes, but I need ones that are beginner-friendly...

What kind of things does he like?

Pinterest is a great place for recipes and all kinds of ideas! I seriously get all my outstanding recipes from there.

There isn't really any rule about Valentine's Day it's really particular to that couple. Not that you can't take advice, but I always find that if you're the one dating this man for over a year, you probably have a much better sense of him. When giving gifts or planning stuff I always start from what I know about the person rather than generic ideas that they may or may not like.

• Author
That’s a good point. That must be a huge baggage to carry.

Yeah, it is, but who doesn't have baggage after a certain age? Since there are no kids in the picture, this may be considered a closed page.

Even more motivation to make it special:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Valentine’s Day is here! Wow so he wrote me a card in my native language and sent me bouquet at work :love: I got him little somethings too so look forward giving them to him ... and for tonight ... it seems we’ll spare the cooking ;)

Still I’m thankful I got some great ideas for recipes and more gifts from here that I’ll use on next occasion or without an occasion :)

• Like 1
Valentine’s Day is here! Wow so he wrote me a card in my native language and sent me bouquet at work :love: I got him little somethings too so look forward giving them to him ... and for tonight ... it seems we’ll spare the cooking ;)

Still I’m thankful I got some great ideas for recipes and more gifts from here that I’ll use on next occasion or without an occasion :)

Wow, writing a card in your native language is such a thoughtful idea :love:

• Like 1