Met her on a TV show, and it played out like one.

JustAnotherLostLove

LivingWaterPlease

JustAnotherLostLove, one of the most endearing contacts ever made to me by a stranger includes the following:

A little book with a note in it mailed to my home address. The note read:

Dear LWP,

You appear to be a woman of soul and depth. Whether we ever share a dinner or not, I'd like for you to have and read this little book. The author (name included) is my hero; I'd love to be able to live my life as he lived his. Please accept this as a gift from a friend.

Signed:

His First Name

He called me later, can't recall how long it was after I received the book. I can only guess how he found my name, address and phone number as I didn't ask him about it.

Although we never went out together, I thought his approach was gentlemanly and didn't think he was a creep.

I saved the book and note as I thought it was a sweet gesture.

• Like 1
  • Author
JustAnotherLostLove
JustAnotherLostLove, one of the most endearing contacts ever made to me by a stranger includes the following<snip>

That's awesome, and I respect him for being so endearing about it, I feel like I can relate to him, and it's nice that you allowed him to keep his dignity, in stead of treating him like a creep. I appreciate everyones help, but other than maybe reaching out through someone else, I have no way of finding her again. I really wish I did.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Truncate quote
  • Author
JustAnotherLostLove
JustAnotherLostLove, one of the most endearing contacts ever made to me by a stranger includes the following<snip>.

Wait, do you still have the note?

Truncate quote

Look up the production company on Facebook or Instagram.

See if she is there. Send her a friend request with a note saying “great meeting you on the set of XYZ”

• Like 1
Mrs._December

I'm of a completely different opinion.

When the cosmos is working THAT hard to insure that you continually missed your chance to connect with her - right down to the hotel conveniently forgetting to give her the message you left for her - then there's a damned good reason for it.

You may not want to believe that, but I honestly think someone up there was looking out for you and that's why you had so many missed chances.

• Like 1
I never gave her my contact info. You do have some good points tho, even if you come off as a little bitter, this is a break up thread after all. I'll likely just leave it in the past, as any attempts at this point would just be contrived at best.

I'm not bitter. She didn't go off without calling ME. []

Topical content
  • Like 2

If you’re both screenwriters, can’t you ask your production company to pass something (it can be a book, a draft of a script, etc.) on to her without having her contact information disclosed? Just include your own contact information with the stuff. Be creative!

• Like 1
  • Author
JustAnotherLostLove

When the cosmos is working THAT hard to insure that you continually missed your chance to connect with her - right down to the hotel conveniently forgetting to give her the message you left for her - then there's a damned good reason for it.

You may not want to believe that, but I honestly think someone up there was looking out for you and that's why you had so many missed chances.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. It's like you said, when the signs are that transparent, who wouldn't think that? I normally don't believe in that stuff, since it's not quantifiable, but again, when it's that clear, it's hard to ignore.

• Author
JustAnotherLostLove
If you’re both screenwriters, can’t you ask your production company to pass something (it can be a book, a draft of a script, etc.) on to her without having her contact information disclosed? Just include your own contact information with the stuff. Be creative!

That's currently my plan, and likely the most reasonable I've heard thus far! Good call!

The cosmos? No way. You make your own opportunities. People make their own luck.

I think you should try your best to find her. Be direct. People are not mind readers.

Simply ask the Producers for her contact info. What do you really have to lose??

Don’t go to your grave wondering. Just do it.

• Like 1
  • Author
JustAnotherLostLove
The cosmos? No way. You make your own opportunities. People make their own luck.

I think you should try your best to find her. Be direct. People are not mind readers.

Simply ask the Producers for her contact info. What do you really have to lose??

Don’t go to your grave wondering. Just do it.

Humor me if you would, and put yourself in her shoes. Let's say you meet a guy on set, establish a rapport or whatevever, and ya'll get a long, talk, and you think he's cool, maybe a little more than that, maybe not. If he obviously went out of his way to get your number, email etc through the boss, contacted you, and it was clear that he had some sort of interest, and found you fascinating, how would you feel? You're obviously a lady, so I'd like to know what you think. I'm always curious what a woman thinks, lol.

• Author
JustAnotherLostLove

Let me present you a different school of thought. In your opinion, assuming fate is a real thing, do you think it's possible that instead of it actively causing me to miss a chance, It was actually saying something along the lines of... "Hey, if she's REALLY worth it to you, than you're gonna have to work for it."

Myself, I don't think I believe in fate, since it's not quantifiable. For me, the idea of fate, is similar to the idea of God. It's nice and all, but as of right now, other than INCREDIBLY bizzare occurrences, like the ones I experienced recently, we have no reason to believe it actually exist. However (not to go off the subject), Einstein believes that time travel is technically possible, which means past, present, and future are all existing at once, or in other words, everything has already happened, and destiny is predetermined. So with that in mind, fate could be possible.

• Author
JustAnotherLostLove
Yes, I still have the note and the little book he sent with it.

That's really cool, how come nothing became of it?

CautiouslyOptimistic
If he obviously went out of his way to get your number, email etc through the boss, contacted you, and it was clear that he had some sort of interest, and found you fascinating, how would you feel?

I think it would be really sweet and as long as you're not the type of person to get all mean and aggressive if she's not interested, I say go for it.

Are there any kind of Facebook groups in your profession that she might be a part of?

• Author
JustAnotherLostLove
I think it would be really sweet and as long as you're not the type of person to get all mean and aggressive if she's not interested, I say go for it.

Are there any kind of Facebook groups in your profession that she might be a part of?

Yes, tons, but I'm starting to think she's not on FB. Like I said, I've tried all reasonable options, with no luck.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Yes, tons, but I'm starting to think she's not on FB. Like I said, I've tried all reasonable options, with no luck.

You've reached out to other workers who might have known her better?

• Author
JustAnotherLostLove
You've reached out to other workers who might have known her better?

Nobody knew her, I asked WHILE we were working, lol. Only thing I could do as this point, is ask my boss to pass a message, but again, she's doesn't know her personally, would have to go out of her way to do it, we're not buddied up, and it's unprofessional. It's just a bad idea overall. At this point, the only reasonable move I got, is to pass a message through one of the crew members I'm cool with, since they're all linking back up in a major city within the next few weeks. And again, I like her, she likely just think's I'm okay, which is fine by me, it's a start, and she DOES have my info on our crew sheet, that she's NOT on. She could technically reach out, but I don't expect her to.

I suppose if you spent time with her, drove around with her and talked to her, you could always say you found a locket or a necklace in your car or something you thought she left behind and didn't have a chance to give it back to her and ask the producer for her number because you want to see if it is hers.

I mean there are a lot of ways you could ask for the number. If the crew is getting together, the cleanest way is like you said, to ask one of the people you are cool with to pass her a message or just give her your name and tell her you suggested she add you on facebook or something.

I kind of go by the, "All is fair in love and war" when it comes to things like this. It's like the Seinfeld episode where jerry gets a woman's number from an AIDS walk charity list. Get the number however you have to, she might feel the same way but she is likely never going to reach out to you. Worst thing that can happen is you call or text her and she rejects you, then you move on.

...But it might actually work in your favor so why not?

Going to give advice on a practical level directly answering the question you asked with regards to HOW to find and contact her. .

The internet is an open-source research tool and can be manipulated to amalgamate certain search terms to produce refined results.

Have you utilised Google’s search operators/parameters ie using “term” + “term” to produce a refined result? The terms could include your subject’s name, her profession, a company she’s associated with, a location she’s associated with and so on. The number of parameters you can use in this search are unlimited and the results the engine could produce as a result could vary from social media profiles to address directories.

Have you tried using Facebook’s Graph Search ie typing into the search bar “subject’s name who live in subject’s city” or the advanced search tool where you can enter just her first name and then filter by city/profession/education etc?

Let me know if any of this helps in narrowing it down.

CautiouslyOptimistic

Call Nev and Max! They will find her! :)

Make sure you update this thread if you ever find her.

I still wonder what happened with the guy and girl on the train.....anyone remember that story from before the long LS outage? The guy who had the crush on the plus-sized girl on the train and ended up asking her out? We never got to find out how that went. :(

LivingWaterPlease
That's really cool, how come nothing became of it?

Good question. I think when we talked I sensed there was nothing that we had in common. He was divorced from a woman who was part of a well-known family in our area, I realized when he told me her name.

I didn't know his ex-wife but did know his ex sister-in-law. So I asked her (a very gracious person; very kind) about him. She didn't say anything bad about him at all but did say it was a painful divorce for her husband's sister.

I have always had a hard time thinking of dating someone who has a heartbroken ex wife. How could I enjoy being with a man whose ex wife was crying in her pillow at night kind of thing? So that, along with nothing in common, factored into it.

I did think highly of him for the way he approached the situation, though. He told me that he had one other time seen a woman he wanted to get to know, he never acted on getting to meet her and always regretted it. So, this time didn't want to live with the regret.

We were in the same room for about five minutes and didn't have a conversation before he contacted me. He just saw me and may have heard a few words I said, I don't know. I was talking with someone else while in the room. We were literally strangers. I did remember noticing him as he was nice looking, dressed very well, fit and about 6'2" so kind of stood out.

I think you should find the lady you're interested in, whatever it takes. From your posts you seem to be a classy guy with good judgment. So I believe you'll approach her in a pleasing way.

Edited by LivingWaterPlease