Support

MeadowFlower

I went through a tough time when she left me out of nowhere when everything seemed amazing. Here i am 7 months post break up and i still miss what she was, not who she is now...

I tried to go see her in her home city while i was away on vacation and texted her while i was out there asking if we could meet up for coffee or food. didnt even get a text back, she completely ignored my message. It was a horrible feeling and set me back months of progress. She became someone else, not the person i was in love with. So just be careful when trying to re connect

• Author
MeadowFlower
I went through a tough time when she left me out of nowhere when everything seemed amazing. Here i am 7 months post break up and i still miss what she was, not who she is now...

I tried to go see her in her home city while i was away on vacation and texted her while i was out there asking if we could meet up for coffee or food. didnt even get a text back, she completely ignored my message. It was a horrible feeling and set me back months of progress. She became someone else, not the person i was in love with. So just be careful when trying to re connect

Thank you for your warning. My trip was already booked though, before he dumped me.

Had your ex met someone prior to dumping you?

Edited by MeadowFlower
fieldoflavender

Couldn't you cancel the trip and suck up the losses and go somewhere else? Or did you have to do something else there?

I had some trips booked during one of my break-ups and I suffered cancellation costs but so be it.

• Author
MeadowFlower
Couldn't you cancel the trip and suck up the losses and go somewhere else? Or did you have to do something else there?

I don't think that's necessary, or worth the waste of money.

fieldoflavender

Did you at least have a good time? Well I guess in my situation, I didn't like the location to begin with. I would never have gone if it wasn't for the person's family member's wedding. So I coughed up the cancellation fee since I had no business flying there. But if you did want to tour the city or could otherwise get something else out of it.

• Author
MeadowFlower
Did you at least have a good time?

I have yet to go. There are more shops there than there are where I live.

Thank you for your warning. My trip was already booked though, before he dumped me.

Had your ex met someone prior to dumping you?

I guess ill never know. she moved close to family while looking for a job, so she could move with me to a new city together. a month later she said she didnt love me enough to make the distance work. but to me it seemed like she met someone while away, it all happened over night like if she wanted to dump me before she went to see the guy

• Author
MeadowFlower

I've arrived in his city. While I'm here I could pretend, that he doesn't live here, that he never existed, and, that he doesn't exist.

----------

Don't go backwards.

• Like 1
I've arrived in his city. While I'm here I could pretend, that he doesn't live here, that he never existed, and, that he doesn't exist.

----------

Don't go backwards.

That is a good plan. Have you been to this city before? If not, take in all the sites and eat at all the best places. Even if you have been there before, try to find some hidden beauty that you may not have experienced. Most of all, do not give him a second thought.

• Like 1

stay strong Meadowflower,

you will get through this,

enjoy your holiday,

I know it can be lonely but look any day we are able to get up and to go somewhere, we are ok really!

new friends will arrive in time

and happy St Patricks Day!!

• Like 1
F*** him.

That is probably the best way for you to handle this! I know it's hurtful, but this too shall pass and you will be okay. You deserve someone who will make you their priority.

• 3 weeks later...

Have things gotten better for you with a little time? I hope you are spending time with friends and family to keep you preoccupied. For whatever reason the two of you did not mesh, there is someone out there for you who is a perfect fit. Be kind to yourself.

there there MF *virtual hug*...everything will turn out for the best, you'll see