Knowingly becoming an OM/OW

And you are perfectly fine in asking his wife to pay for your comfort. if it really bothered you, you wouldn't do it.

I suppose I dont feel its my job to answer for her husbands choices.

Im aware of the consequences but ultimately he is an adult. I take responsibility that my actions cause her pain but he is responsible for the trauma it will have on the relationship.

I’m willing to be honest, but I dont feel shame. If she found out I would talk to her as openly as I am here.

Easy to say when you've not the one being damaged.

And this is your choice for a partner?

Lotus_Luna, I'm not going to change my way of thinking, my happiness (whatever that means) won't come at someone else's expense. And since I doubt you'll change yours, regardless of outcome I wish you well...

Mr. Lucky

We’ve talked how difficult the affair has been for him. Its something he never saw himself participating in and has tried numerous times to create a boundary to justify the emotional intimacy.

This was years in the making.

somanymistakes

We hear occasionally, esp on this board, that OPs (especially the female ones) had no clue initially that their MP was married. But I can’t for the life of me figure out how this type of deceipt can possibly fly with them. Do your research, people, before getting involved with someone romantically! (Or even just sexually, for that matter)

I think the dedicated liars are rare. But the kind of person who's going out of their way to create a fake single identity to date with may put a surprising amount of effort into it! I can't remember enough details to find the article anymore but I remember reading the story of a woman whose boyfriend had been creating his fake personality for years so many of her friends knew him as the fake self.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Wilson_(British_writer) - 4 wives and 7 children.

Undiscovered bigamist until his death, when the proverbial hit the fan. not the only stuff he lied about...

Drama series on BBC One this year about his life, where his granddaughter Ruth Wilson the actress, plays her own grandmother, one of his four wives...

I feel bad for her, because I dont think she will deserve the pain when she finds out. No woman does.... and as vain as it sounds, I’m younger, thinner and prettier then her. And while its shallow it will hurt as well. Im also on good terms with her friends and thier kids. So she will be reminded of me frequently.

This is coming from a former other woman. If you are as amazing as you say you are, then why are you going for a married man? If you are this young, thin, pretty person, then why not divorce your husband and go find a handsome man? The truth is behind the beauty (which is subjective) is selfishness, lack of moral, lack of dignity. It isn't attractive. It's sad. The only people broken attracts, is more broken. And don't kid yourself, he's lying to you, because cheaters lie.

When I repeatedly cheated, I may have been considered pretty, thin and a lot of other adjectives, but I wasn't a great person. At the end of the day, I chose to be honest with myself. In twenty years if I never took the step to look in the mirror, I would have been old, wrinkly and alone. I would still be a selfish, immoral person, but I would be alone.

Just keep that in perspective.

Edited by TheRainbow
  • Like 1
This is coming from a former other woman. If you are as amazing as you say you are, then why are you going for a married man? If you are this young, thin, pretty person, then why not divorce your husband and go find a handsome man? The truth is behind the beauty (which is subjective) is selfishness, lack of moral, lack of dignity. It isn't attractive. It's sad. The only people broken attracts, is more broken. And don't kid yourself, he's lying to you, because cheaters lie.

When I repeatedly cheated, I may have been considered pretty, thin and a lot of other adjectives, but I wasn't a great person. At the end of the day, I chose to be honest with myself. In twenty years if I never took the step to look in the mirror, I would have been old, wrinkly and alone. I would still be a selfish, immoral person, but I would be alone.

Just keep that in perspective.

Just me mentioned in a previous post that I intend to end both the affair and my marriage. I’ve been setting things up to for a separation over the last 6 months. I have had offers from single guys as well, I’m not really interested. OM is the only person in 15 years that has appealed to me. Once it’s done I may not date again for awhile.

You dont inow the full details of this situation, and I dont have the desire to explain them.

Edited by Lotus_Luna