Wrong for covering up for Daughter in law ??

Starrynitegirl

You're in a no-win situation. If you tell, you may lose the friendship of your cheating DIL, but if you don't and your son finds out, then you'll lose your son and your DIL at the same time. The only reasonable way out of this is for DIL to tell him, ASAP, in a safe place - and you need to tell her that this is how it must be. Then she needs to already be packed and ready to move out immediately for her safety (or have moved out first, preferably), and file for divorce.

If you insist DIL tell him, then your son can't accuse you of keeping her secret or siding with her. You can potentially also keep DIL as a friend if you both wish, when your son is not around. DIL knows this affair is wrong, so shouldn't fault you for insisting she deal with it - it is her problem to handle, after all.

• Like 1

I can actually relate to this sort of. My dad can be a scum bag for various reasons I care not to go into. So I actually do get not having loyalty. Parents can be toxic and so can kids/brothers/sisters. Still don’t think this is something you should be in the middle of. I think this crosses a line. I would refuse to meet with her and follow what central suggested.

• Author
Starrynitegirl
I can actually relate to this sort of. My dad can be a scum bag for various reasons I care not to go into. So I actually do get not having loyalty. Parents can be toxic and so can kids/brothers/sisters. Still don’t think this is something you should be in the middle of. I think this crosses a line. I would refuse to meet with her and follow what central suggested.

Yes but both of them are here now till Monday. My son is on the road now