Dating in your 40s the good the bad and the ugly

Purrrfect

You've answered your question already!

You might think getting 100 messages means you're a good catch. Unfortunately not. Majority of guys on pof will just be looking to get laid, and figure a fortysomething with two kids would be an easy mark. On the plus side, it does mean you're still attractive, and perhaps you do look young for your age. So if you lose those extra 25lbs and get in great shape, you've got a decent chance to become one of the best available options in your age range. Then you'll get more serious offers and better quality guys.

Otherwise, drop your standards or continue to be single. Your call.

Good post.

OP I wouldn't take any of those online dating sites seriously due to what I've heard on this forum. OLD seems almost like a waste of time. You might get a million responses but who cares? A couple of years back I did post some pictures online not on a dating site but on another site. I did it for sexual validation and attention because I've been married forever and I wanted to see if I was still attractive to other men. I received that validation and I was beginning to think I was some kind of goddess. LOL. But they were just guys wanting to use me for sexual validation. And god knows what they used my pictures for. I really wish I never posted them but I did. Don't post pictures. Meet nice men in real life. It's more natural and more satisfying.