Asian Guy with Caucasian girl

HopelessNick

Always beats me why struggling guys jump on the net and actually enforce roomers and media by saying the exact same things themselves and adding to it all shooting themselves in the foot.

See it over and over again.

And nope l'm not gonna point out specifics here that's pretty well a no brainer anyway.

But l tell ya , lf l was struggling l'd be spreading the best stuff l could dream up .

Hell in this day and internet age l'd probably be all over it dispelling all the nasties.

I was born in Aus. 23 yo. Moved to the countryside for uni and work and have very little Asian friends. Almost all caucasain, (mainly guys too).

Literally, besides looking Asian, there is nothing Asian about me. I'm just the typical Aussie bloke who loves me sport, sits down on weekends and chills with a few drinks while watching the cricket or something.

G'day fellow Aussie!

Depending on whereabouts in the country you moved to, you might have the odds a little more stacked against you compared to if you lived in a major city like Sydney or Melbourne - there might be slight (or in some places, not so slight) racial bias at play. But you can overcome that - in fact, I'd say that based on how you already have Caucasian mates I'd say you're most of the way there.

I don't particularly agree with structured approaches to dating but I do like Garcon's advice above. Present yourself, inside and out, as someone who is great to be around, and is the best version of yourself you can be (as in, don't go starting a hobby because women like it - start it because you like it!). And practice talking to women for the sake of friendship rather than dating - it will make the approach toward someone you like a lot less scary. And you'll expand your social circle so you will eventually meet someone you could be in a relationship with.

• Like 1
  • Author
I'd say that based on how you already have Caucasian mates I'd say you're most of the way there.

Is this Tinder bio ok?

"Just your typical Aussie bloke. Love sport and a few cheeky bevvies. One of the most laidback and easygoing blokes you'll ever come across."

Is this Tinder bio ok?

"Just your typical Aussie bloke. Love sport and a few cheeky bevvies. One of the most laidback and easygoing blokes you'll ever come across."

Sorry. As an Aussie woman, it doesn't ring true. Inner city hipsters might drink cheeky bevvies, but blokes drink beers. And using 'bloke' twice in the same paragraph sounds like you're not a blokey bloke but wanting to be one. I'm surprised that you didn't mention your ute for good measure.

And if you change this to loving sport and beer, what kind of woman are you trying to attract? It certainly wouldn't be anyone who's university educated or has drive.

• Like 1
Sorry. As an Aussie woman, it doesn't ring true. Inner city hipsters might drink cheeky bevvies, but blokes drink beers. And using 'bloke' twice in the same paragraph sounds like you're not a blokey bloke but wanting to be one. I'm surprised that you didn't mention your ute for good measure.

And if you change this to loving sport and beer, what kind of woman are you trying to attract? It certainly wouldn't be anyone who's university educated or has drive.

As a woman and not Australian, I would view "a few cheeky bevvies" as a guy who is going to be out all night with his mates drinking and telling me not to be so uptight about it...

"Laidback" can be good trait but can also imply "feckless", not so good

• Like 1
As a woman and not Australian, I would view "a few cheeky bevvies" as a guy who is going to be out all night with his mates drinking and telling me not to be so uptight about it...

"Laidback" can be good trait but can also imply "feckless", not so good

You wouldn't be British by any chance, elaine? I don't think I've ever heard of the word "feckless" before. I've met a couple of Aussies, they all seem to like a drink and act "feckless" at times. My impression of Aussies is that the only thing they take themselves serious with is not taking themselves seriously. I kinda liked their sense of humor - dry wit and a little sarcastic. They'll make you earn it when they "take the piss" from you as you're trying to make sense of what they're saying.

• Like 2

Personally I don't think race is an issue. We all have types but just means you are not meeting the right girls.

Someone will be attracted to you one day and you will be attracted to them. It may even turn out she isn't Caucasian.

Really great family friend is married to a Vietnamese guy. She in Caucasian. That has never been an issue for her. She has learnt Vietnamese. She embraced the culture. Don't think it ever was an issue she fell for him as a person.

Maybe you are putting too much pressure on yourself with the race thing. You'll find someone. Good luck.

@Gretchen - those characteristics are indeed more valued in China! They are seen as a mark of wisdom and education. In the US many times the same characteristics are seen as not having your own views, or being too shy.

I've worked with asians and have asian friends. The ones from China that I've dealt with are NOT meek. Some are quite obnoxious! Well, at least definitely not shy. They grew up being the same as all the other kids. They never encountered racial stereotypes as children. Their self confidence was already established in adulthood before coming here.

How do all those people in asia manage to get married and have kids? Asians don't need extra help in dating. Even with interracial dating, the people I know from asia seem to be having no problems. One guy who married a Caucasian woman said actually he was looking to marry an asian girl until he fell in love with his wife.

It's not your race. It's your confidence.

Indeed I agree with your assessment that many Asians don't fit this description. However, there's still this trend - many Asian men are trained to attract dates through intellect and wisdom. There's not enough childhood upbringing to express confidence in dating amongst the classic tiger mom Asian families.

Unfortunately for me, I'm just not into Asian girls at all. It's either a caucasian or single for life.

This was in your first post. I don't know why everyone is suggesting Asian girls when you clearly said you want a White woman.

I agree it's less common to see an Asian man with a white woman than the other way around.

I also know of brown guys that really want a white girl and claim they can't get one.

My dad and my uncle are both Asian and have only ever been into white women.

And guess what? That's all they ever dated.

I've also known white women who only ever date Asian or East Indian guys.

So I don't really buy into the whole Asian men/brown men can't get white women.

What I've noticed about such men who want a white woman but claim they can't get them and can only get their "own kind" is that they put white women on a pedestal, and it's clear in their interactions.

They act completely unconfident/like they are so lucky she is paying them any attention, whereas with girls of their own ethnicity, they are less interested and thus appear more confident.

I think that is the key difference.

If you can relate to this story, take it from someone who learned it the hard way:

I thought that learning more skills would eventually impress a woman enough to date me. I nowadays have enough skills to count as the careers of several people. Yet, I never got female attention from my skills. It was always a "oh that's nice", or that's amazing you have so many talents, and then the woman walked away.

You're not likely to impress a woman with your brains until you know how to make a woman feel good being around you - that's the real ticket to go in the front door. Learn from my failure.

Is this Tinder bio ok?

Hi Nick,

I would be put off by your bio because it makes you sound like a lazy alcoholic. “Laidback, studying x, like watching cricket on Saturday with a beer” including other statements that don’t relate to alcohol and laying around would be fine to me but as it stands I would wonder if you’re actually super uptight and trying hard to convince yourself and others that you’re not. It sounds like you’re madly defending yourself against others constantly calling you uptight. It also says nothing about you and it is boring. I need more than that to really know what a person is about.

Since you’re so into stereotypes.. let me tell you that “typical Aussie bloke” means something different depending on who you’re talking to. For me, when someone chooses to describe himself as such, it means he is very masculine, okka, crude, rough, drink a lot of beer.. it isn’t really a positive image to me,I like a guy with a feminine side and while drinking and watching sports may attract male friends it’s not really appropriate on a dating profile. Having said that , you may attract some self described “typical Aussie bogan woman who loves going to the pub to watch sport for a first date” types but I still think more depth would improve your profile.

Edited by smiley1
  • Like 1
Dunno why so many Asian guys don't like their own women they're some of the most beautiful women in the world and they can age beautifully too.

l get how one guy was saying a lot of them have certain ways and attitudes he doesn't like , but eh , what about the rest.

The ones who didn't grow up in that culture understandable don't like that strict culture.

Is this Tinder bio ok?

I've seen a few other responses here about how this looks like you're an alcoholic - keep in mind that Australians generally view drinking differently to many other cultures.

I'm not a woman, but my issue with this is that I feel your bio is very generic and doesn't really show what's different about you compared to everyone else out there. This might appeal to a bogan Aussie woman who doesn't mind sitting around on the weekends watching sport, but you won't stand out from the other guys she's swiping through.

See if you can weave something interesting about yourself into the bio. I'm sure you have other interests besides work and watching sport - include them! It might push away some people, but the ones you will attract will hopefully be better suited to you.

I get the feeling that OP is in a rural area, which could mean there might not be very many highly educated women there, and those left over might be after the classic "Aussie bloke". You make a good point though - he needs to consider the type of woman he wants to attract and play to their interests.

I’m Aussie. And doesn’t every culture view drinking differently? And those within cultures? And Australia is multicultural. And you basically restated my entire post.

Edited by smiley1
healing light

White girl here. I studied Chinese medicine and went to school with a lot of Asians for that part of my education. There are definitely some I would have said yes to had they asked me out. Literally none of them did even though my program was 5 years long, we had to frequently work together in different capacities, etc. I don't lack for male attention and get asked out regularly when I'm social. It was widely known I was top of the class academically, so I would have thought since I wasn't your classic party girl that maybe one of them would have simply asked me out during that time (students dating each other wasn't uncommon). Never happened. The Asians were a mix of Americanized, international students, and first generation American. You never know who might be interested, so just ask a woman out regardless of her race if there's something about her that you like.

I once had a tall Asian roommate that didn't do it for me personally, but out of all the guys I knew at the time, he was the one who got the most ladies. He was Americanized and not all that impressive in my mind (pretty average dude) with the exception of being a tall Asian who worked out regularly. He brought back women all the time. Some he dated for 2-3 months, sometimes he had multiple women he was dating, and sometimes he just had a series of FWB. His bed was rarely empty. I couldn't keep their names straight, tbh, so I would have to be careful when I talked to them, haha.

This will probably sound glib coming from a Caucasian, but I think race is a bit like height in that it is only as big of an obstacle as you make it in the dating world. Sure, some people will have a preference and rule you out before you've had a chance, but if you're insecure about it--that's what will turn others off.

I'm a Caucasian girl dating an Asian guy. He's amazing. :)

It's a numbers game out there. Just put yourself out there and eventually you may find one that will like you back in that way!

I think you may just be looking at the wrong places. My boyfriend right now is Asian, just hit his 30’s and all his life he’s only dated Caucasian women. I was surprised to find out I was his first Asian girlfriend. It might all just be luck in the end, you probably have to put yourself out there some more.

AlexanderEschate
I think you may just be looking at the wrong places. My boyfriend right now is Asian, just hit his 30’s and all his life he’s only dated Caucasian women. I was surprised to find out I was his first Asian girlfriend. It might all just be luck in the end, you probably have to put yourself out there some more.

I'm the same. I never had any Asian friends growing up. All the women I've dated have been caucasian or non-Asians.

I'm actually interested in dating Asian girls, but westernized ones like myself. I feel a sense of warmth when I meet someone who is of similar ethnic background.

Im a white woman and my first love was an Asian immigrant. My parents didn’t approve but I didnt care, I thought he was great! He treated me like a queen and introduced me as his beautiful American girl. We had a great time together, but we were young and our cultures were so different that we didnt last past 3 years. I married someone else and I recently saw on Facebook that he married a pretty white woman. Its not that you cant get a white woman, you just havent found her yet.

Joyce it has to do with lots of stereotypes that modern Asian men portray, and also to do with how modern American culture portrays and perpetuates those stereotypes. Those people who are successful interracial daters buck the stereotypes. Other times it's as simple as certain people being unable to bring themselves to make out with a certain race. For example, I could never bring myself to have sex with a black woman, it's just not my style. I'm not racist in real life - it's just that I don't want that type of partner.

Edited by Garcon1986