Am I petty or am I in the right?? Need outsider !

Juggernut23

I appreciate the clarification. The point of my post remains . . . slow down in the beginning. Too much togetherness leads to burn out early on You can't treat a new person in your life with the same intensity & emotional intimacy that you share with a long time friend.

My analogy will be imperfect but think of a new SO like a rookie officer. they are all gun ho & hopped up on adrenaline but in a high pressure life threatening situation you still want a more seasoned & calmer partner backing you up. You need to give a new relationship time to mellow & blend rather that going full steam ahead

• Author

Sometimes if you respect yourself, you'll be painted as the bad guy but you're not.

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate how you gave a complete third party view, something that someone wound up in the situation wouldn’t notice. I kind of like the chase not gonna lie, so she got me a little excited, till I realized she wasn’t all that fantastic.. just smoking hot. Your response gave me something of an epiphany. anyways, keep on posting, you’re awesome.

One other side piece of advice?

Don't add people on social media that you are just starting to date.

It opens up TOO much information too quickly.

• Like 5

2nd date you should have kissed her.

Don't do good morning texts. She took 5 hours to respond to one and you still sent one the next day. Not good.

In the first month, it's okay to skip a day of communication. Plus, when you start those good mornings there is no turning back. When you miss one it indicates something is wrong, when it may not actually be. I struggled with that one a few months ago and opted out on starting those. I'm glad I did.

Just my take on it, I'm good at the dating game but suck at actual emotions so take that for what it's worth. Lol

• Like 2
  • Author
2nd date you should have kissed her.

Don't do good morning texts. She took 5 hours to respond to one and you still sent one the next day. Not good.

In the first month, it's okay to skip a day of communication. Plus, when you start those good mornings there is no turning back. When you miss one it indicates something is wrong, when it may not actually be. I struggled with that one a few months ago and opted out on starting those. I'm glad I did.

Just my take on it, I'm good at the dating game but suck at actual emotions so take that for what it's worth. Lol

Thanks. But like I said, I left a lot out, it was actually her that initiated good morning texts when we first started talking. And I did want to kiss her, but something about her body language made me opt out. She’s very closed off/ was on her phone before getting out of my car. I Just feel it when I know it’s time to kiss a girl, and that time it didn’t feel right. When she texted me “I really wanted to kiss you”..I replied “kiss me then ?”...she goes “I wanted to”. I then told her she’s harder for me to read than most girls.