Which Women Are Off Limits?

I would have been single a long time if men followed these rules.

I have done this...but not since the 1990's. You may as well be looking for a girl who knows how to oil your cart. OK, joking here. You're simply talking about being thoughtful. Fair enough.

I don't want a guy who waits for God to take care of someone who's taken advantage of him. Instead I want a guy who's proactive about his own concerns. Unless it's a small matter with a degree of misunderstanding....and fighting it would have a worse outcome than sucking it up.

If he needs my encouragement, then he's obviously not that keen on the hobbies. I want a guy who drives his own passions.

Again, I want the type of guy who makes his own dreams come true. Sure, I'll help him if he needs help, but it's essentially his power which needs to be used. And vice verce if it's my dreams.

Better question would be how she helps those around her in general. Helping your family has a payoff in terms of making you happy. But does she help those where there's no direct payoff? And does she know where to draw the line when it comes to helping those who won't help themselves?

When one is worried or frightened, consolation has little value. Better to make contingency plans. Or if it's something which may not happen, bring them back to reality.

This is good. Unless his plans involve standing me up or not coming home.

This isn't unexpected at all. Heck, I know how my best girlfriends drink their tea. This is simply normal behaviour of someone who cares. And I'd expect the same thing from a guy. If he can't make me a cup of tea how I like it or remember which pizza I like, I'd be figuring he doesn't care much.

But we are not talking about what you want in a guy. We are talking about some of the signs a woman is a keeper. But I think you have reinforced the OPs point to not marry someone like you. You're not a keeper in his eyes so the kind of guy you want is a moot point. You're doing him a favor by not marrying him.

But we are not talking about what you want in a guy. We are talking about some of the signs a woman is a keeper. But I think you have reinforced the OPs point to not marry someone like you. You're not a keeper in his eyes so the kind of guy you want is a moot point. You're doing him a favor by not marrying him.

Indeed I am doing him a favour. However, it's fair to say that when asked, most women want a guy who can manage his life and is ambitious.

The OP wants a woman who will fight his battles and he apparently needs encouragement to meet his goals and dreams. Of course, it is his choice to choose a woman who will do this, but that same woman will eventually get tired of having to mother him. If he doesn't want to find himself frequently single, h may want to learn to be a bit more proactive about the direction his life is heading in and not have to rely on having a woman to help him do it.

• Like 1

Indeed I am doing him a favour. However, it's fair to say that when asked, most women want a guy who can manage his life and is ambitious.

The OP wants a woman who will fight his battles and he apparently needs encouragement to meet his goals and dreams. Of course, it is his choice to choose a woman who will do this, but that same woman will eventually get tired of having to mother him. If he doesn't want to find himself frequently single, h may want to learn to be a bit more proactive about the direction his life is heading in and not have to rely on having a woman to help him do it.

Then what is the point of having a partner? Everyone has different needs and for me I need to feel like my partner and I are a team. If I don't feel that way about her then there's not much of anything rewarding about the relationship.

What you see as mothering I see as being supportive. Everyone could use encouragement. No one needs their partner to discourage them. If I can't confide in my signficant other then I can't confide in anyone else. My significant other is also my best friend not judge and jury.

You can only speak for yourself. As for letting God fight his battles and you don't believe in that? Ok fair enough. Maybe you are not religious. The OP could easily date religious women who believe in God's power as much as he does.

The only tradeoff to dating a religious woman is that the OP will have to wait until marriage to have sex.

Edited by Tom2015

IMO, no one is off limits if they want to date me, and accept my circumstances, and I accept theirs. I will be extra cautious if I work with them, of if they are married - until I establish they have an open relationship. I won't get involved where there's an established relationship unless the spouse is okay with it. Of course, anyone under-age is off limits, but at my age, that has a near zero possibility anyway.

• Like 1

I’m a married woman with many children.

You’d be surprised how many men hit on me, fully aware of my situation.

Some wanted to rescue me.

Some wanted to play with me.