What is my obligation in this case?

augustin

Please reread your first post. I really, REALLY don’t see how you could be arguing with any of these posters’ viewpoints when you see what you posted about this “girl you met”.

Every single person on here has agreed and been unanimous. That should tell you something. And please. Don’t try to frame it as you are being the one who is respecting her and everyone else is treating her as an incompetent child. You’re the one who came on the internet asking strangers for advice. And the consensus is unanimous. But you don’t want to listen.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed quote
  • Like 2
For both of us. I don't think I'm misleading her at all. When we talk about looking for a place together, I will let her know I'm not interested in marriage. There's a time and place for everything.

Oh yes, there's time and place to let someone know that your goals in life are completely mismatched. That time and place is here and now.

If your girlfriend is wise enough, she wouldn't voluntarily choose to spend holidays with a dishonest person who is simply waiting for a comfortable time to tell her the truth about his intentions. There's a month left until Christimas, plenty of time to get over someone, but I'm pretty sure her interests aren't a priority here. This is about you. Even the title of your thread is all about you.

So I'm not sure why you're even posting here. Did you expect encouragement, like "oh yeah, keep that young piece of a** as long as possible, way to go!". Of course people get sensitive about something that just isn't right. Usually it's pretty obvious when someone's actions aren't right, so all the posters have quite unified opinions and the op gets defensive (defensive behaviour is also a sign that the person knows he/she is wrong but is in denial).

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
I don't think I'm misleading her at all.

Well, you must think it at least a little or you wouldn't have started this thread asking what your "obligation" is here.

For goodness' sake, just tell her. Now.

• Like 1
You're using the term incorrectly. There is no lie as there is no misconception. .

No. I am using quite correctly--you just don't like what you're seeing in the mirror I'm holding up to you.

Please reread your first post. I really, REALLY don’t see how you could be arguing with any of these posters’ viewpoints when you see what you posted about this “girl you met”.

Every single person on here has agreed and been unanimous. That should tell you something. And please. Don’t try to frame it as you are being the one who is respecting her and everyone else is treating her as an incompetent child. You’re the one who came on the internet asking strangers for advice. And the consensus is unanimous. But you don’t want to listen.

reposting because it needs to be re-read

Gosh... I look up that info in the dating profile. If it's not there, I ask in the first date. I think it's kinda inconsiderate not to mention it upfront especially when you know for a fact that you don't want more kids. It's very important info, especially for women on their reproductive age.

Haven't read all the posts, but maybe she is too young to realize she needs to know that?

OK.... what I'm saying is YOU ARE NOT being clear with her. I'm not being condescending or insulting her intelligence.

What I'm saying is if you don't communicate to her where you're at and she is demonstrating and speaking along different lines than where you're at.... then you are not being clear. That is unfair to her. She can't think about and consider something she is unaware of. You are being unfair to her when you are not clear. Is that clear?

P.S. Where did you get the idea that meeting the parents equates to considering marriage? I didn't say that.... I think meeting the parents implies a commitment to at least a bf/gf relationship. Casual hook ups don't usually meet mom and dad over turkey.