He Wants Kids and I Don't

Lots of woman want children I hear it all the time. And older women are freezing eggs.

I just don't understand what the fuss is all about. I never did. I suppose I get my material instincts out with dog training. IDK.

Why is that confusing and needs to be questioned? Some women want children and some don't. I want children, why does that confuse you? I like children. I want my own. That's not me "making a fuss".

FTR, I don't agree with anything James is saying. But I don't get why a woman's desire to have or not have children should be questioned. Maybe children are not a fuss to you but they're important to some people. I don't get the dismissive attitude.

• 2 weeks later...
Regardless of your other issues, I wouldn't bring children into the marriage you describe anyway. A child adds more issues to deal with, something your relationship doesn't need and seems ill-prepared to handle...

Mr. Lucky

I agree.

Children are full humans that change your life and come with their own issues and things you cannot predict, even in a relationship that's thriving. Adding children to a struggling one will absolutely not make things better and would be selfish as far as it being a disservice to the child who didn't ask to be born.

• Like 2
They (the majority of other women) are confused to why you don't want to be a mother.

Umm, I think the only person here who is confused is you, not "other women".

This post is the textbook example of mansplaining, lol.

• Like 2