Do you ever feel God is the only one who loves you?

I like to think whatever I do I'm suppose to do.

That is only a partially valid idea. If what we do is not in accordance with the Will and Laws of God, whether we go against that deliberately or innocently,

then we are not actually supposed to be doing it (no matter how much "it seems right to a man").

Perhaps that extra love you're needing should come from within.
Probably but it doesn't.

It also depends on our definition of 'coming from within'. God is within, the Kingdom of God is within, the Holy Spirit is within. This is the Source of Love...so, you can go to that Source...

...instead of thinking that you have to be the source.

• Like 1
  • Author
That is only a partially valid idea. If what we do is not in accordance with the Will and Laws of God, whether we go against that deliberately or innocently,

then we are not actually supposed to be doing it (no matter how much "it seems right to a man").

It also depends on our definition of 'coming from within'. God is within, the Kingdom of God is within, the Holy Spirit is within. This is the Source of Love...so, you can go to that Source...

...instead of thinking that you have to be the source.

I'm going to try to think that way.

Hi Brigit, I wonder if you've heard of someone by the name of Sylvia Browne. She is/was (not sure if she is still living) a famous Psychic in the US. She has written a book with the title " Finding your Spirit Guide". I would suggest that you try and get a copy of this book to help you understand some of the reasons of why we are here on Earth and what our purpose here is. Also there is another excellent book with the title " Miracles Happen" written by Dr. Brian Weiss and his daughter Amy Weiss. Both these books are very revealing about our purpose in being born here on Earth. Most folks believe that those who are born in privileged circumstances are the ones who are lucky and blessed but actually as Christ has said "Blessed are the poor for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".

The fact is that when we are born into difficult circumstances our learning here on Earth is much greater and faster than if we did not have to confront such difficulties. In fact, strange as it may seem, we ourselves, before we incarnate here on Earth, choose the kind of life that we are going to lead here just to be able to learn the lessons we have set for ourselves. These books are some of the ones that enlighten us on the whys and wherefores of life on this Earth and our spiritual purpose in coming down here. Something to think about.

Edited by Just a Guy
Correction of mistakes.
  • Like 1
  • Author

The fact is that when we are born into difficult circumstances our learning here on Earth is much greater and faster than if we did not have to confront such difficulties. In fact, strange as it may seem, we ourselves, before we incarnate here on Earth, choose the kind of life that we are going to lead here just to be able to learn the lessons we have set for ourselves. These books are some of the ones that enlighten us on the whys and wherefores of life on this Earth and our spiritual purpose in coming down here. Something to think about.

Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to think all my painful circumstances are due to a growth experience for another realm. But I question that because I look at all life forms. Why do dogs need to suffer in puppy mills? Why are lambs raised just to be slaughtered?

There is too much discrepancies with the way the world is run. And it's hard to think pain does anything more to anyone than provide hurt.

Hi, brigit87.

Why do dogs need to suffer in puppy mills? Why are lambs raised just to be slaughtered?

That has a relatively easy answer: we share this planet with greedy, selfish, cruel people. They have a very low level of consciousness;

they are out of alignment with the Will of God and the Laws of God.

I'd like to think all my painful circumstances are due to a growth experience for another realm. <snip> And it's hard to think pain does anything more to anyone than provide hurt.
Our painful circumstances are for our growth here on Earth, not for some different realm...as Just a Guy said. Emotional pain is meant to provide us with an opportunity to heal and

transcend the root cause(s), so that we do not end up feeling powerless and helpless in the material world of form, and so that we do not end up seeing other people and forms of life in the same way.

That is an excellent post by Just a Guy, and I can also only encourage you to study those books he suggested.

• Like 1
  • Author

Emotional pain is meant to provide us with an opportunity to heal and

transcend the root cause(s), so that we do not end up feeling powerless and helpless in the material world of form, and so that we do not end up seeing other people and forms of life in the same way.

I'm not doing too well at transcending I always feel powerless and helpless. My favorite activity is napping.

My favorite activity is napping.

:). I know only too well the temptation of lethargy. The problem with giving in to it, though, is that we will not ever learn and grow in our understanding unless we take the time and make the effort.

And, if we do not learn and grow, then we will just always feel spiritually powerless and helpless here on Earth, and emotionally drained and depleted.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained," as one saying goes; and also, "God helps those who [take the time and make the effort to] help themselves."

Sending Light and Love.

• Like 1
  • Author
:). I know only too well the temptation of lethargy. The problem with giving in to it, though, is that we will not ever learn and grow in our understanding unless we take the time and make the effort.

And, if we do not learn and grow, then we will just always feel spiritually powerless and helpless here on Earth, and emotionally drained and depleted.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained," as one saying goes; and also, "God helps those who [take the time and make the effort to] help themselves."

Sending Light and Love.

Thanks again Ronni. Your posts are very uplifting.

God's always been kind enough to answer my prayers but I don't really ask for much. I can count on two hands how many times I've asked for something in my life. Never really felt particularly loved or that he wants to hear from me on a regular basis.

Not that I'm not grateful for all he's given me of course.

I love myself enough to get by. :bunny:

• Like 1

I keep praying for the keto and male enhancement spam to end but God as yet has not answered my prayers ;)

More seriously, I gave up on all that God love stuff back when I graduated from private religious school. I saw how all the wood rubbers acted during the week and screw that. I love myself and try to treat others decent. Sometimes I don't but that's part of being human. Interesting how people always want a pass on crappy behavior for themselves but attack others for the same. Heh. No God for me, thanks.

• Like 1
, I gave up on all that God love stuff back when I graduated from private religious school.

I wholeheartedly agree! There is such a huge difference between how religion is practiced, versus true spirituality.

The Romans, who gave us Judaeo-Christianity, certainly knew how to stop people from ever wanting to search for God again.

I always feel powerless and helpless. My favorite activity is napping.

Those are tell tale signs of depression. Have you spoken to your doctor about how you're feeling?

• Author
Those are tell tale signs of depression. Have you spoken to your doctor about how you're feeling?

Yes I'm on a small dose of antidepressants. It's the only dose my body can tolerate.

Also, I'm working at a job that has more drama than any reality TV show and I'm dealing with so much nonsense that it's increasing my depression and anxiety.

• Like 1

It would be nice to have some support, wouldn't it? I can only tell you that the person who loves you best is yourself, and that no one has more control over your life than you do. Sometimes that isn't a comforting thought, but it kind of is when you realize you are free to do whatever it takes to run your life the way you want it. Yes, there will always be obstacles, but you have to just get up and get around them. I struggled a lot when younger to do what I wanted to do with my life. I felt it was obstacles all the time, but I was persistent as a bulldog and just beat everything life threw at me, and that's what you need to do.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all, here's my bias:

I was a committed Christian for many many years. Active in my church, part of the pastoral team, led bible studies and prayer groups, counselled those who had lost children and spent some time volunteering in a hospice. I lived for the love of Jesus and the glory of the Almighty.

I no longer believe. Research, reading the bible multiple times, plus studying thinkers and theologians from Marcus Borg to Saint Francis to Lee Strobel and other modern apologetics like William Lane Craig forced me, against my wishes, to one inescapable conclusion: there is no god. Full stop.

I could probably now best be described as a post-theist.

That's my bias, up-front. Now, to the specifics of your issue:

Rather than trying to teach a drowning person how to swim, I think it's best to throw them a life ring first.

It sounds to me like you need a life ring. Once you're on dry land, only then should you try to learn how to swim.

My suggestion - influenced by my bias - is to avoid anything "spiritual" or anything focusing on gods/goddesses, but rather to get somewhat clinical about this. Speak to your doctor. Tell her (him? not sure) exactly what you're going through, with concrete examples and real-world solutions.

The point is not to avoid those things that are causing issues, but to become strong enough to deal with them. Life is going to throw things at you, when you least expect them, when you are least prepared. The key, at least IMHO, is not to try and get away unscathed, but to have the fortitude to manage those things.

Nobody said it would be easy. But, hey, if I can get through some of the shat that I had to deal with, you will be able to as well.

• Like 1
major_merrick

I pray, but I question the nature of the love of God. I mean, I think there's a difference between the creator of the universe and someone who will physically come up to me an wrap their arms around me. I'm not sure about having an actual relationship with God in the way that we have a relationship with another person.

Likewise, I think we have to find solutions to a lot of our own troubles. We've got the brains to do it, we often have the resources and the human connections to do it...so is it logical or fair to ask for God to supernaturally help us all the time? I've been through a lot of crap in my life, and most of the time I found my way out. Me, and others. Not prayer. I'm pretty sure that God kept me alive supernaturally a couple of times, but that doesn't solve my day-to-day issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I once in a fit a rage and bitterness dared “god” to prove to me love exists.

What followed was the most eye opening experience of my life.

I was led down a path of self discovery. At the end of that path I realized how true all of those cliche sayings about loving yourself really were.

I noticed the more I loved me the more EVERYONE around me did as well. It was almost as if how I viewed me was how everyone else did as well. Even my arch nemesis at work became very close with me. So much to the point he would come visit my office daily to vent about life and ask my perspective. When moths before he was trying to get me fired. Not one single person I knew could view me any less than I viewed myself.

• Like 1

Hi, major.

I trust that things are well on your side, and that Baby had a very good 'first Christmas'.

, I think there's a difference between the creator of the universe and someone who will physically come up to me an wrap their arms around me. <edit>

I've been through a lot of crap in my life, and most of the time I found my way out. Me, and others. Not prayer. I'm pretty sure that God kept me alive supernaturally a couple of times,

but that doesn't solve my day-to-day issues.

I look at it similarly and differently, at the same time. What (unknown or unseen) forces influence that someone to come up and hug me at just the 'right' time?

What inspired me to make the decisions and choices that led me to my way out?

Intelligence, reason and 'just plain common sense', of course. But how and from where did I get those?