Girlfriend 'needs space to figure out how she feels and what she wants"

JVort

However, I think your research is bull****. All women are not that way but Im sure some are. let me guess you were violated by a woman and you assume they are all breadcrumbers. Lets see this research you mention? Id love to take a look.

Video :

Article : HALF of women have a fall-back partner on standby

However, I think your research is bull****. All women are not that way but Im sure some are. let me guess you were violated by a woman and you assume they are all breadcrumbers. Lets see this research you mention? Id love to take a look.

I am called a womanizer, but I disagree : I am just a man who understands women. There are many perspectives, there is advice you will get from other women (the majority of it), then there is the perspective of the guy who isn't good with women, who came to this site due to a frustration with women e.g his ex-cheated on him. Then there is rare perspective, a guy who has always been good with woman,can easily get what he wants from women,a natural...a guy who just gets it...

A typical characteristic about guys like you is that you have 'idealized'/'romanticized' perception of women-without any rational basis, you vehemently dismissed the possibility of her seeing other men during 'this time of figuring herself out' and even warned us from suggesting that possibility!

Have u ever had a woman you know has a bf aggressively cheat on him with you, after things turned sour-and then make up with him later but still continue having sex with you-I have...several times..one even stopped when they got engaged, but called me up again after the wedding..

It's not misogyny to state that both men and women cheating and lie-those who claim men cheat more than women do, who are those men cheating with, since most men are heterosexual.

Anyway,lets just assume I was I 'violated by a woman'

When someone tells me they need space, I become NASA. They can contact Houston when they figure out what the problem really is. If they take too long, they may not have a place to land their craft. Don't give her a dead line. Have a deadline for yourself, but don't tell her. This is only a 3 month relationship. If it were a long-term committed one, then I'd want some kind of plan for getting together to discuss and make a final decision that affects both parties.

I did send some texts not respecting her request the past few days -- You've already stepped on her request, putting a time line on her will seal the deal for her to move on.

That being said, I understand doing the background check because you have kids, but I would not have told her you did that especially if nothing significant was revealed. Leave her alone and let her come to you if she's going to (within a time that is reasonable to you -- a week?).

Edited by Redhead14
research has shown

please post links to this because I'm really curious as to who paid for this study and what all of their findings were.

People really dont understand about background checks. There are no SS#s, there are no credit card info. Its almost exclusively criminal records. That's all that Im interested in with a daughter.

Have you done this with your friends? There's way more to fear from one of your boys molesting your daughter than a chick you're barely dating.

You are involved with more than one woman at a time

and OP, how is this a good example to set in front of an impressionable child?

please post links to this because I'm really curious as to who paid for this study and what all of their findings were.

and I'm talking independent links (other than what you've posted) from accredited institutions, not fux noose crap.

To try and make a long story short Ive been dating a woman for a bit under 3 months. We talk every day and see each other about twice a week although it is a LDR. I like her a lot and she feels the same way. Lately, we've been butting heads as we both have strong personalities. Earlier this week, I decided to come clean about a few things I hadn't disclosed. First, I borrowed her iPad and read her messages she had with her sister. I guess I was curious. <SNIP>

Space is absolutely NOT a death sentence. Some people process things differently than most. Please, just sit tight. She'll come to you when she is ready in a week, a month or whatever. If she's your girl, stay committed. Be patient. If she's worth it to you then you'll prove your worth to her by honoring and respecting that space.

You absolutely violated some trust here. As a single father with sole custody, I get what you were doing and why. But you have to provide support and trust to your partner. You mission was a good one! Your method of getting what you were looking for, not so much. Running a background check may be , to some, a "normal" thing but it sure as hell is not normal to most. If you trust her, ask the questions! She will give you the answers.

You owned your mistakes now accept the consequences.

You may wind up with an amazing 40 year marriage with her, like your parents. So go about your business, with her in mind, and when she's ready to commit to her choice she will let you know.

Put your ego in check. Lose the self doubt. No way to get 3rd party validation here so wait for the source to provide that.

Good luck!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
ThorntonMelon

What is so wrong with saying "I know you feel like I violated your privacy, I'm sorry, I will respect your wishes for space, if things change in the future I'd love another chance".

And then legit leave her alone. Date others if you want, don't if you want to breathe a little. She'll let you know if she's interested. You don't need any ultimatums.

• Like 2
People really dont understand about background checks. There are no SS#s, there are no credit card info. Its almost exclusively criminal records. That's all that Im interested in with a daughter.

You sound sketchy with looking through her phone and everything, maybe she should do a background check on you!

• Like 1