30 something amputee

• Author
I think this is less of a problem for guys, as we women like to wear cute skirts of dresses ;):cool:

Do you wear your prosthetic leg pretty much all the time, if you don't mind sharing?

Yeah I agree...I think it would be even more difficult for a female.

I wear it most of the day and 100% of the time when I go out. It's just at night when I'm at home by myself I take it off and use my crutches.

I would have no problem dating you. It sounds your handicap doesn't limit you very much and you can have a full life in a relationship. Date like you would if you had both your legs and mention the missing leg after your 1st date. Let women see what a gentleman you are before telling them.

Great advice. Also, when you tell the lady about your missing lower leg, don't be all negative and needy. Instead, add a little sense of humor and show her what a strong man you are.

Arrr, I lost me legs on the high seas while playing an extra on Pirates of the Caribbean. Something like that. A wee bit o humor goes a long way. I think as long as you stay physically fit and emotionally fit you will have options.

• Like 2
  • Author
Great advice. Also, when you tell the lady about your missing lower leg, don't be all negative and needy. Instead, add a little sense of humor and show her what a strong man you are.

Thank you. :)

Personally I think just coming out and saying it without humour would also be fine. Gaeta, what do you mean by after the first date? At the end of it? In the "had a nice time" text? Or the second date?

Personally I think just coming out and saying it without humour would also be fine. Gaeta, what do you mean by after the first date? At the end of it? In the "had a nice time" text? Or the second date?
If the lady is interested in seeing him for a 2nd date then he can tell her during a conversation over the phone or during 2nd date. I don't think it's a conversation that needs the be happening face to face it's not like he has MS or Parkinson. When you do online you go through tons of 1st meeting that go nowhere so why put himself though this when he doesn't even know if she's interested in a second date.
  • Like 1
If the lady is interested in seeing him for a 2nd date then he can tell her during a conversation over the phone or during 2nd date. I don't think it's a conversation that needs the be happening face to face it's not like he has MS or Parkinson. When you do online you go through tons of 1st meeting that go nowhere so why put himself though this when he doesn't even know if she's interested in a second date.

OK thanks for elaborating :)

Yeah I don't think it has to be face to face. Maybe OP won't want a second date either but if he does then he can mention. But texting it after a date might make it a big deal, whereas casually mentioning it on a first date I don't think it's awkward or something to "put yourself through".

• Like 1