I love him.

shoegal911

I think they are his friends to begin with. I dont know. Not the point. The point is: does he have feelings for her?

yes- you wrote he's angry... you probably are the rebound girl he needs to entertain to get back at her.

• Like 2

You would be angry too if your ex was going around to your social circle talking trash about you. It's not him that isn't moving on, it's her, and that's what is making him angry...she just won't go away and move on with her life....she's nuts.

He's angry at his EX because of her present on-going actions in speaking to his friends abut their break up. He's not harboring unresolved feelings he's reacting to an unfolding drama.

I suspect you are far too needy for this man. An invite to a family dinner after only knowing somebody 2 weeks is a lot. You turning that down & then carrying on about how much more you need from him is over the top.

You need to learn how to take baby steps. All this talk about "love", already having sex & having dinner with the family is all much too serious & involved for this fledgling relationship.

Its a dinner with his family. He is not having dinner alone.

Any reason why he can't take you out for dinner Saturday night or some other night instead of making you the afterthought "on my way home, let me go hit this" kind of chick?

and you don't love him. You love the idea of being involved with him. You have to know someone to love them.

The best you can must after 2 weeks is to be in love with how you feel about yourself when you're with him. That's it.

Rein yourself in--your situationship hasn't got the legs to run any distance your imagination is charting right now.

• Like 1
I think they are his friends to begin with. I dont know. Not the point. The point is: does he have feelings for her?

Apparently, they're her friends now because they're giving her the audience to come to them and vent about him. If he's mad, then perhaps some of her truth she's sharing is hitting a little too close to home for him? Truth can hurt like that sometimes...

Yes, of course he has feelings for her. He's already told you he's angry over what she's done---if he was truly done with her, he'd be at indifference and he would know that his friends would know that she's just being a loser and not get his blood pressure up over it. The fact that he's tapped fully into it means they're probably no where near being done with each other, emotionally. This could be some of their dysfunctional foreplay going on for all anyone knows.

I also think that you're the rebound chick that he's using to make her mad/get back at her/whatever his issue is. I certainly would be completely reining in any kind of amorous feelings I had for him.

• Author

Ok shes not talking about him. She said that she wants to get pregnant this year. He thinks its a stupid thing to say for some reason. And he shared that with me. He didn't tell me hes angry. Just that he didn't like her saying that. I think he still likes her otherwise he wouldn't care. Thoughts?

Ok shes not talking about him. She said that she wants to get pregnant this year. He thinks its a stupid thing to say for some reason. And he shared that with me. He didn't tell me hes angry. Just that he didn't like her saying that. I think he still likes her otherwise he wouldn't care. Thoughts?

I think he just things that she is making a bad decision. It's not something that impacts you.

Well, yes, it is.

If she was trash-talking to him to his own friends, for example, then of course he would be rightfully angry.

If these people are her friends too, and he's just upset that she's still friendly with them, then I would be concerned he still has feeling for her.

How did it even come up in conversation with you that his ex said she wants to have a baby this year? What were you two talking about?

I don't know, OP. I am sensing that you get attached too easily and you might wind up hurt here. The title of this thread was revealing.

• Like 1
Versacehottie

Well I agree with you and it would be jarring to hear. To me, it does indicate that he cares too much about her and what she does--especially when it comes to things like a pregnancy which would greatly impact any future they have together, if they ever got back together. It would bother him this much if it's in his mind, IMO.

However, you have been dating, what, two weeks? and/or even just twice? (sorry if i am mixing up the details of your thread with someone else's--i know its a very short amount of time though). Basically you need to keep all things in check: how invested you are, who this guy really is, what role he will play in your life. See you don't really know a person or their "true" status yet, do you? How can you love him when he is still revealing himself? How can you care if he is still hopelessly in love with someone else? You really should put yourself in fact gathering/fun having mode and that's it. Fact-gathering, i.e. would he add to or take away from your life and do you have enough info to judge that fact? you don't btw. And is your time spent with him fun or does all the anxiety caused by liking him create more drama than fun? so far not looking good in that department. Temper yourself.

*note to add: by fact gathering, i don't mean dig deep into what his relationship is with his ex. I mean gather facts about him, his character, his lifestyle and how he would fit into your life. This has a touch of what is going on with his ex and his feelings for her but you cannot stop every outside fear you have by trying to control it. You will learn a lot more about a person if you don't try to control them and see what he/she does. Only then will you know what their real intentions are and how they will treat you for real.

He doesn't sound over his ex or he wouldn't be talking about her at all and you seem like you get attached too easily.

And now this 50 shades of grey talk (your other thread)...

Sounds like it's about sex to him.

You're asking for insight but what are you going to do with that insight?

• Like 1