- Am I being taken for a Fool?

Fairyface55

Never believe the "I fell asleep" excuse.

Yep, it pretty much says “I feel indifferent to meeting you to the point of actually falling asleep”. I’m not sure how it’s even supposed to be an excuse.

Good for the OP for breaking it off.

The first excuse sounds suspicious to me- the one where he said he was sick THREE DAYS before the date and wanted to reschedule.

• Author

Its all been a bit suspicious but a major eye opener for me. He totally led me on but I was letting myself follow! I have learned about boundaries and ascertion and what I want. All I really want is a date once a week or every other week - nothing more but nothing less! X

It's time to have a conversation about each of your dating goals. He hasn't used you for sex because there's been no sex. You're confused because of weak communication. Open and very casual conversation about what you're looking for - dating for the purpose of having a long-term relationship with someone and find out what he wants -- overall. If he says he's only looking for a casual dating scenario, you're not on the same page to start with. Even if he says he's looking for long-term, you sit back a little and observe whether he dates you that way. Right now, it seems like he's more about a casual scenario. Neither of you knows what the other wants.

It's time to have a conversation about each of your dating goals. He hasn't used you for sex because there's been no sex. You're confused because of weak communication. Open and very casual conversation about what you're looking for - dating for the purpose of having a long-term relationship with someone and find out what he wants -- overall. If he says he's only looking for a casual dating scenario, you're not on the same page to start with. Even if he says he's looking for long-term, you sit back a little and observe whether he dates you that way. Right now, it seems like he's more about a casual scenario. Neither of you knows what the other wants.

Did you read the whole thread?

Even so, from just the opening post, I don't see a point in having a convo like that with someone who cancels on you three times.

I wouldn't even be friends with someone who did that three times in a row.

OP, glad you finally cut him loose and will so it sooner next time.

• Author

Yes - I feel better and more in control already. I am reflecting back and seeing how shady it all is. Still no reply to that message - even more shady! WHO calls a girl the night before and organises a date for half past seven and then cancels ten minutes before with no reason except ‘problems’. I looked back as well and we were messaging for two months.

I suspect he will try and contact me at some point.

I have already arranged another date for Wednesday! Hopefully that may work out better; but learned not to put all my eggs in one basket.

I LOVE this forum!

• Like 1