Bumble and other OLD adventures

@Normm Right - no success from POF for a year. Bumble was a one month 'experiment' suggested by shydad here on LS - worked for him, didn't work for me. I'm still meeting more women than I can handle on match.com. Activities and social groups? - a bust - at my age in my area, plenty of nice, friendly people but no romantic potential (been doing meetups for 6 years). First speed dating a year ago was great, three hits. Second one last month was an oh-fer. Sux to get old - I'm finding it sux more to get old when I'm healthy and active and an increasing proportion of my 'contemporaries' are not. Oh well - dating my current dating partner (that's all she is at this point) tomorrow.

sounds like youre meeting tons of great ppl nospam. maybe relook at your criteria for a mate, something is wrong here

• Like 1
  • Author

@alphamale Not 'tons', but several. But LOL almost half of them are dudes :p Maybe what's wrong is me - that I don't want what I can 'get' and can't 'get' what I want. I can live with that. Not ready to 'settle' at the moment - I've got family so I'm not lonely. And the search remains fun. I do, of course, continue to point out the flaws in OLD, that being my major tool to meet WOMEN who say they want to meet men.

l was the same back when, if someone replied really late , no foul for me. It's a confusing business and people have stuff going on or they might've been talking to someone else and wanna see where that went first or whatever. Did it myself.

l remember the first one l tried was pof but same thing there was lots of great profiles thought l'd struck gold but no one answered, think most of them were stolen from other sites or something. Joined another one and got talking to real people in a few days.

l say if things don't go anywhere with the one your seeing try not to depend on OLD as the be all end all but keep using it on the side, stay open, why not, nothing to lose really. There's still life and interests and stuff going on too but who knows.

• Author

One more OLD adventure. I'm not starting another thread because .... reasons i.e. I see no point in a separate thread.

So my judgement is the woman in question is just interested in getting some attention. I'm posting to get second (third, fourth, etc) opinions about that judgement. History summary of 'our' interaction follows ...

- She views my profile and sends a Like but no message

- I send a message back, thanking her for the Like, pointing out that based on her profile the Like is a bit of a mystery (I mention height as part of the mystery - maybe MY mistake?), and asking if she'd like to meet

- She responds ''Hmmm....not quite sure what my profile actually says, maybe I should look. I'm 5'8'' Do you ski alot?''

- I respond, starting with ''Nice to hear from you'' and continue answering and elaborating on her skiing question and pointing out that I have skied at two resorts located within 20 minutes in either direction from where she lives

- Her: ''I ski at [redacted - the closer of the two resorts] ''

Like I said, me mentioning height at all may have been a mistake. But what I see is:

- no initial message

- no response to my question about wanting to meet

- claimed ignorance about the contents of her profile

- both of her responses are brief, the second one only four words long

- nevertheless she continues to respond

Back to my current question. Anybody see anything other than low interest from her and reason to suspect she is just fishing for attention?

Edited by nospam99
Happy Lemming

In my opinion, you are on the "back burner". She probably has other gentlemen she is "testing the waters" with and if they don't work out, maybe she'll give you a try. I get the impression she isn't quite ready to relax her height requirement (or some other criteria), just yet.

Personally, I always hated waiting for a woman to decide if I was "good enough" to date or if she should hold out for something better. Here I am, do you want to go out or not?? I don't mind competition and may the best man win, but don't leave me in a holding pattern while you decide (if maybe) you might want to go out with me.

NEXT!!