How do I trust after he has left his wife?

He's is staying away from her. They don't see each other or talk. A family member picks up his kids and drops them off so they don't have to see each other. I'm terrified of him going back to her, but he has promised that it will never happen and is doing what he can for me to believe him, so I'm trying to trust him.

See, and I would be terrified that this would be my future... because it will be, if he is not able to stay faithful to you and decides to go looking for another woman when life gets boring and things get stressful with you.

I find it strange that he's almost telling you not to trust him in the future. I think this is one thing I'd take his word on.

Yes, when someone tells you who they are, believe them!

OP, why not take the time between now and next Sept to get counseling? Would he be willing to accept a year of counseling before you make a decision about getting married?

I'm so scared that we will get to a good place and start moving on, and he will cheat :( I wasn't the first person that he cheated with and I never wanted to be someone he cheated with, but I hope I'm the last... :(

Madam,

This man has shown you who he is. You are just choosing to ignore it.

Simply put, you can't trust this guy. He is a serial cheater.

As for child support, etc., it's not about what you want/don't want. It's about doing what is best for your child.

• Like 1