Expensive dinner place...

Lorenza

He didn't have to ask. I wrote:

"thank you for a wonderful evening and I really enjoyed your company, but to be completely honest with you, the fact that you didn't really tell me your age straight away bothers me a little bit. I'm looking for someone closer to my age mainly because our expectations and life experience will match a bit better" and stuff like that.

He wrote back and was super disappointed, tried to convince me that it's not a big deal. Wrote a lengthy message.

I agree that 15 years age difference is quite large, even 10 years difference is quite large...i'm glad you dumped this chump

He wrote back and was super disappointed, tried to convince me that it's not a big deal. Wrote a lengthy message.

Not a big deal to him, of course, *rolling eyes*

• Like 1

The second guy I dated ho lied about his age did the same thing when I broke things off

He tried to convince me that I was wrong for thinking the way I did, that it wasn't a big deal, that he really thought we had something, he really liked me. He was very persistent considering we only went on 2 dates. Usually people with healthy boundaries and self respect would take rejection with a grain of rice and respect the other person's decision.

Don't give into him. He's a dishonest creep.

Good for you for letting him know it wasn't working for you. In your past threads I've given the guys you've dated the benefit of the doubt but this guy doesn't deserve it. His first impression was made by lying. That's automatic grounds for dismissal.

• Like 1
That sounds like a really smart way to go about it :)

Just the first meeting. :) For the first date, I believe in the traditional, guy purses, pay, evening etc.

• Author
The second guy I dated ho lied about his age did the same thing when I broke things off

He tried to convince me that I was wrong for thinking the way I did, that it wasn't a big deal, that he really thought we had something, he really liked me. He was very persistent considering we only went on 2 dates. Usually people with healthy boundaries and self respect would take rejection with a grain of rice and respect the other person's decision.

Don't give into him. He's a dishonest creep.

Good for you for letting him know it wasn't working for you. In your past threads I've given the guys you've dated the benefit of the doubt but this guy doesn't deserve it. His first impression was made by lying. That's automatic grounds for dismissal.

Omg, same. He told me he enjoyed the date so much and that we had such great connection and that I even said he doesn't look 44 so what does that matter etc etc. Today someone called me from a hidden number (I gave him mine before the date) and I really don't know else could that be. And considering he has everything else hidden...

Yeah, nothing good starts by hiding a piece of important information, that's for sure.

2 reasons he would have lied:

He really likes younger women and if he doesn't report a lower age to the site he probably doesn't get many matches.

Or, he just wanted more choices. I have had a guy tell me that, which I still thought was a little decieving but he felt it was a "white lie"

I wouldn't trust someone like that or get my heart involved but if I were attracted to him I would still go out with him a few times. I always felt like it was an investigation at that point and I wanted to figure them out.

I had 2 lie to me about age. One was so super mysterious and one was crazy. I feel like the first one may have had a SO and she was out of town alot. I will never know I guess. I only figured it out because I googled them. I just slowly stopped talking to the first but I ended up blocking the crazy one out of the blue one day.

He is probably not relationship material for you because you dont seem to be the type impressed with money or interested in the older type.