Girls with Tattos

GTR King

The whole tattoo craze seems like a temporary fashion statement

Tattooing exists since 4000 years before Christ. In short it has always existed and will always exist.
  • Like 1
I can understand why you might have that perspective, however, there is a lot more to the practice than you may be aware of. For example, in Maori tradition the moko (tattoo) is an incredibly sacred and traditional practice. It signifies ancestry and the life of the individual.

There are numerous other examples of the practice of tattooing in other cultures, but I think this best exemplifies what it means for most people when they get a tattoo. It actually has personal significance to them. A visual expression of part of themselves, through a often painful process. Perhaps as a commemoration of a person, event or life experience. Sometimes it is a journey of spiritual growth, artistic expression, or numerous other reasons.

The symbolism may not be clear to anyone else but the individual who gets it, but the point is, you have to really want it to go through the process. So if you are out on a date with a woman with a tattoo wondering who her master is, the answer is simple. She is her own master.

This isn't always the case. I was at a restaurant eating dinner once and in walks this couple. They were covered with biker tats. The gal was quite a sight. She was wearing jeans 4 sizes too small, and her thong was growing out of her ass crack like a weed reaching toward sunlight and riding a few inches above her jean-line. Then there was the full set of Harley wings flexing over her cheeks every time she took a step... she had a full sleeve running down both arms along with a huge vine covering her rib cage and cupping one breast. The guy was just as bad. IF these individuals were their own masters, then they had just come from prison clown school... but of course that is an extreme example.

I am not advocating that anyone here date someone they aren't attracted to. If tattoos are a turn off for you, that's fine, don't bother. Just try to be respectful towards those who do have them because their tattoos likely mean a lot more to them than you realize.

Sure... always be respectful. Just because I wouldn't date someone doesn't mean I would be disrespectful towards them.

thefooloftheyear

It's no different than a lot of things...

I have a fair amount of tattoos, but they were done by one of the best artists in the country, that basically won't do anyone off the street and won't do what he thinks will look like shyt...

I see a lot of women(and men) with tattoos now, because it's trendy, but most of them look like crap, because the artist isn't an artist and the customer has no taste or no sense for what looks good and what doesn't...Or they shop for price rather than quality...

Basically, unless you are Michelangelo, if your artist just agrees to do whatever you tell him/her, then find a new artist..:laugh:

So it's not really cut and dried as to whether I like it or not..Seeing someone with bad tattoos winds up being akin to someone that can't dress themselves or has poor hygiene..And when it's done right, it looks absolutely fantastic....Especially on women...;)

TFY

And when it's done right, it looks absolutely fantastic....Especially on women...;)

Absolutely! I don't have any tattoos, but if I had one it would be making a statement like a piece of art. I roll my eyes when I see little hearts and sea horses! If you want to flirt with tattoos do it for real.
  • Like 1

I am not against anyone getting them, but I'm with the being turned off crew. Deal breaker for me and it's not because I question the character of that person...I find it takes away from the attraction.

You are attracted to what you are attracted to, and don't like what you don't like....no one can hold that against you.

• Like 1
some_username1
We really don't care lol.

No need to tell u? It is the same as pointing out things that do not need t be pointed out... like hey, your job won't ever pay well, or your choice of investments are bad... It is called unsolicited advice, which generally people who have nothing better to do give out:lmao:

Those of us who love our tattoos and love tattoos on men/our partners really don't register inane comments like this. Why bother? Do you think we got the tattoos to be cool? LOL

Not everyone lives their lives for "when they get old" anyway.

Plus not everyone bothers to expend the energy of regret over trivial things like tattoos that get wrinkly. There are real problems and true hardships older people face or have faced by a certain age that register a lot more than a faded wrinkly tattoo.

It can't be ignored that tattoo removal is big business at the moment - so a lot of people do end up regretting if not the tattoo then what it was they had tattoo'ed.

It's easy ti see why, we aren't the same people over the course of 10 years never mind 20 or 30, when I think back to the person I was at 20 I can't relate to them at all hardly. If I had got tattoos then I can't even begin to imagine what my body would look like now and what I would have had done.

But I don't think there is any need to resent people with tattoos, it is a lifestyle and datinc choice and it works out well if non-tattooed people get together and tattoo'ed people do likewise. What makes me sad though is that women without tattoos are becoming like an endangered species. I'm late 30's, no kids, no tattoos and trying to find a woman of early 30's with the same is impossible in itself never mind one who is compatible with with my personality.

So whilst I have nothing against people who get tattoos I can't help but be a bit annoyed that it has become such a craze. I honestly think it's just a fad and in a generation or two's time tattoos will go back to being somewhat niche.

some_username1
Tattooing exists since 4000 years before Christ. In short it has always existed and will always exist.

Well yeah, gold star for stating the obvious but in western culture at least it has not been mainstream and was considered quite taboo and signified someone with a criminal past who had done time in prison or had had some kind of naval career up until the late 2000s. I think what really kicked it all off was the predilection for soccer players to get sleeves done. All of a sudden everyone had them and as stated above people don't seem to do it with any sort of consideration for the aesthetic side of it so most just end up looking really ill advised and done by some street urchin going through drug withdrawal.

So given that widespread tattoo take up in the west is still in it's relative infancy I think we can see it as a craze until future generations continue in the footsteps of the millenials.

My prediction is that sense will prevail in a couple of generation's time and it won't be anywhere near as prevalent. There was an article on the BBC that the current 20 year old generation are not drinking alcohol in the same quantities as their forebears so I expect that will extend to other lifestyle choices like tattoos.

I was contemplating getting permanent lipstick done and until that point I felt I would never get a tattoo myself, but I feel like if I met somebody that had a tattoo before I met them then that was their perogative. As a woman I too feel anything other than makeup tattoos on a woman is a bit excessive for my taste. But it isnt one of my opinions that is set in stone. People go through phases sometimes and unfortunately, some of the outcomes can last a lifetime: such as a tattoo. I suppose it is your preference and if you are not attracted to this physical alteration on a womans body then that is your opinion and you are entitled to justify it by not dating them if that is your desire.

thefooloftheyear

Don't forget as well...

Some people have successfully used tattooing to help cope with disfiguring skin maladies, like vitiligo, unsightly birthmarks, scarring, burns, etc...

Before judging someone, realize it may have been something like this that motivated them to consider this option, not vanity or to follow some trend.....

TFY

• Like 4
  • Author

I know sometimes girls have tattoos that can mean something... if it's a small tattoo that's fine...

But if they have tattoos for the sake of it/just like the art then that's a deal breaker for me

27 year old female here and no tattoos. I'm very turned off from guys that have them too. I don't see anything wrong with that. Heck, some people are turned off if a guy or girl likes a certain style of music that they hate.

I used to think tattoos were a complete turn off... but I've seen some women with tattoos that make them look super sexy. But the tattoo has to be really good, and in the right places.

I'd never get one myself, my personality and preferences change so much over time that I can't guarantee I'll consider one that I get to be relevant to me in even 5 years time. But I do appreciate a good tattoo when I see it.

Happy Lemming

To OP:

Did you know that tattoos are forbidden under Jewish law??

Perhaps you should seek out a Jewish woman??

Absolutely! I don't have any tattoos, but if I had one it would be making a statement like a piece of art. I roll my eyes when I see little hearts and sea horses! If you want to flirt with tattoos do it for real.

Or when they get "family" messily and crookedly scrawled across their entire forearm :sick:

Ironically, he is the guy I went on 2 dates with who was SO annoying, that I was so annoyed by him that I got a tattoo after the date:lmao: (I had ALWAYS wanted tatts but needed to feel pain in that moment LOL )

I don't know why!!

No matter how Fit/Good looking a girl is, if they have a few Medium to Large sized Tattoos for Example Down there whole arm etc it Usually put me right off and I just friendzone them...

So for Example if a girl was interested in me and was 10/10 and had a Tattoo on there thigh/Down one Arm I would say no and feel like we could only be friends even if we had loads in common and got on well with each other.

Had quite a few girls interested with few tattoos and I pied them off.

My friends say they could be the perfect person for me and should give them a try.

Why am I like this am I being to picky??

Anyone Else feel the same?

Well, if it doesn't turn you on, it doesn't turn you on. You can't help that.

That being said, you might want to think about those little no-nos and see how you would be willing to 'deal' with them.

Not everyone you end up dating will be 'perfect' in every way. For example, my boyfriend smokes. Not ideal or always pleasant, but I decided he had other qualities that were making up for it so I'm dealing with it. (keep in mind I have turned down a man less than a month before meeting my boyfriend for smoking. It being an acceptable inconvenient in one person can be a dealbreaker in another)

• Author

I will think about it...

Smoking/Kids are a big no for me...

I used to say no to tattoos on a girl but small ones are fine so have changed and not everyone will be right for me..

I don't know why!!

No matter how Fit/Good looking a girl is, if they have a few Medium to Large sized Tattoos for Example Down there whole arm etc it Usually put me right off and I just friendzone them...

So for Example if a girl was interested in me and was 10/10 and had a Tattoo on there thigh/Down one Arm I would say no and feel like we could only be friends even if we had loads in common and got on well with each other.

Had quite a few girls interested with few tattoos and I pied them off.

My friends say they could be the perfect person for me and should give them a try.

Why am I like this am I being to picky??

Anyone Else feel the same?

I'm not crazy about tattoos but I would date someone with 1 small one. Anything large, expansive or in multiples and I am turned off.

• 3 weeks later...
I have no idea why she ruined her beautiful body with that ugly thing.

A little narrow minded, personally I think tattoos are a real turn on, to a point. Nothings sexier than a woman with a nice tramp stamp on her back. However I do agree some people can get carried away with tattoos, a couple well placed tattoos raises the attractiveness of a woman for me, but if they have them all over there body with no rhythm or reason to there decoration, then yes it looks trashy to me.

If you can't have some flexibility on this issue, then your really limiting your potential dating pool, about a third of women have at least one tattoo.

I guarantee a large percentage of these women will live to regret their choices when they get into their 40s and older.

Statically wise, 17% regret getting a tattoo, some, but hardly a large percentage. It also wasn't clear if they were referring to one tattoo if they had more than one or all of them.

Edited by AngryGromit
some_username1
A little narrow minded, personally I think tattoos are a real turn on, to a point. Nothings sexier than a woman with a nice tramp stamp on her back. However I do agree some people can get carried away with tattoos, a couple well placed tattoos raises the attractiveness of a woman for me, but if they have them all over there body with no rhythm or reason to there decoration, then yes it looks trashy to me.

If you can't have some flexibility on this issue, then your really limiting your potential dating pool, about a third of women have at least one tattoo.

Statically wise, 17% regret getting a tattoo, some, but hardly a large percentage. It also wasn't clear if they were referring to one tattoo if they had more than one or all of them.

Tattoos have only been in fashion for a small number of years, we need to check back in 20 years time and see if the current 20 to 30 somethings regret their choices when their skin starts to sag and loses it's suppleness.

Some people have successfully used tattooing to help cope with disfiguring skin maladies, like vitiligo, unsightly birthmarks, scarring, burns, etc...

My girlfriend has a round birthmark on her shoulder, she tattooed around it and made it into a sunflower. I thought it was pretty cleaver way to hide/camouflage it. She wants to get a back tattoo to hide a scar she has on her back, I told her if she tosses in a Tramp Stamp I'd pay for it. :cool:

I am on board with this train riding away from tattoos. I have nothing against tattoos or people with them, and many people I know and hang around have them. However, as I agree with the TC that tattoos are a turn off for me when it comes to dating..., but then again, I am also extremely exacting.

Meh - I kind of like tattoos on otherwise attractive (to me) women. Interestingly, I don't tend to do as well with them but that's likely because their used to dating band members, bikers, and artists rather than college grads with day jobs. Or maybe I've just had bad luck. The first dates go very well but then I think they ****, "Sh*t, what am I doing with a nice guy?" and bolt.

some_username1
Meh - I kind of like tattoos on otherwise attractive (to me) women. Interestingly, I don't tend to do as well with them but that's likely because their used to dating band members, bikers, and artists rather than college grads with day jobs. Or maybe I've just had bad luck. The first dates go very well but then I think they ****, "Sh*t, what am I doing with a nice guy?" and bolt.

Loads of women desire tattoos on a man these days which is why I rule out women who have them, when it comes to tattoos birds of a feather want to flock together. Unfortunately the women who don't have them are so rare as to be an endangered species which really limits my options :(

I just saw a guy today that was almost covered in them - they were creeping up his neck into his face. I'm amazed that these people find jobs. Apparently FedEx doesn't mind, because one of their drivers around here has forehead and face tats.