Why do so many men lie about their intentions?

TidyDancer

Maybe because some guys that are educated and professional, have no interest in really playing the field?

Plus, you can't truly know someone's intentions by just seeing how they dress. That's ridiculous.

No, you can't truly know someone's intentions just by the way they dress. But the way a person dresses coupled with how they carry themselves does give off gigantic clues as to what their intentions are.

In my case, I purposely avoid wearing a suit and tie out. I wear tight jeans and a colorful slim shirt with boots. Lately it's been cooler so I'll have a leather jacket on too. I catch the attention of the type of woman I'm into. Not someone who's looking to lock someone down in a relationship. Aka the 'Mr right now' look.

I expressed my intention that I didn’t just want to be someone’s booty call. ... I still have bruises from having sex with him.

Hi TidyDancer, am I missing something, or are these two statements in conflict?

• Like 1

You can know a person, but you can never know what they are thinking. The best crooks are the ones who completely fool you into believing that you know everything about them. There is really no way to ascertain how genuine a person is until you have gone through tribulations, but it is not like trying things happen everyday. Until then, it just comes down to personal faith and self confidence, and some risk that you are going to pick the wrong person is inevitable.

• Like 1
Thank you, that is helpful. On Tinder I did specifically state that I’m looking for a relationship. It’s just really annoying and disappointing when someone sounds really chatty and friendly and suggests going for dinner or doing something social, rings me and I waste my time speaking to the a-hole on the phone every night for 2 weeks. and then it turns out he’s too lazy to go on a proper date and can’t even walk me to my car at the end of it. I don’t like people who lie because I’m very upfront about my intent.

People take risks in dating. Most men and some women take risks for a good time or just sex. I'm not making up excuses for bad behaviour but some people get off meeting a new person. They get all excited but when the excitement dies down or they come back to reality. This is where or when they decide you`re not for them and they disappear. Its a sad fazct but a lot of people do this. This is why its important to take things a slower pace,

women have to deal with men lying about their intentions, and men have to deal with women giving subtle signals that are hard to interpret sometimes ;)