What scares you the most?

This is my take on me. I would not say I am scared, but I do think its strange that I am 47 and there is no workable visible love interest that is on my radar.

I actually that I am a great guy and in-between cute/handsome. Not some chiseled Greek god. I can talk on several topics. I am a big movie fan. I am on the go for the most part. Workout.

My flaw to me is that I basically think too much. I am always in detective mode, trying to figure out why this is this and that.

In my heart and soul. I am one of those people that will have to let love find me. I just don't have the savvy to scope out a romantic prospect.

I don't have kids and I don't know if I would have any. It would really depend on the mother and how we gel.

What I would love to have is the following. A woman that does the leg work to romantically connect with me. We have interesting conversations and laughs. So Social and Recreational activities with each other and lots of physical affection and also give guilt free space to each other.

It will come to me, but not with me being the driving force behind it. I have to chill out on the dating thing and just go about my life. Unless there is forces beyond my effort pushing us together. I have to let love find me. My ego is the problem and wants to push the love thing a little bit more than I would like. So I am in a tug a war in my mind about what to do.

Edited by Mysterio
PhillyLibertyBelle

Not finding love at your age, around your 40s or 60s?

Not finding love later on around your 40s or 60s?

Never finding love, at any age?

Not finding another love like the one or ones you've had?

Getting into a serious relationship only to have it fall apart and get emotionally hurt?

Those!

All of those.

Not finding any love at all is that worse than finding it, only to have it end soon and badly? Or unrequited.

yeah , things l've asked myself a lot lately too.

lt's amazing how much control you have on your own and really not much to worry about at all really.

But go falling in love , boom .

I don't really fear any of the stuff that's out of my control anymore. I'll go on the journey my life takes me on and deal with whatever I have to deal with the best I can, until my time here is done. While enjoying and cherishing all the good moments along the way.

People worry too much about stuff that's not up to them.

Eternal Sunshine

I have no relationship related fears. I would be perfectly happy never to be in a relationship again. I have decided 6 or probably more months ago to take down all the dating profiles and I have never been happier. I don't see that changing. I used to worry about aging but I will be 40 in a few months and I am content with that.

My worst fear is probably my mum dying and being broke.

Getting into a relationship and feeling deep feelings of guilt for emotionally hurting someone?

Out of the ones you listed, this is what scares me the most. I think this might be a lingering people pleaser issue I haven't resolved, but I always try to be kind to everyone in my life. With most friendships it's easy to navigate, but if I'm in a romantic relationship where my partner has feelings for me which I don't reciprocate, it is one of the hardest things for me to do to have to leave them since I find it hard to reconcile being "kind" with hurting someone who I might care about, but isn't right for me. It took me months to circumvent the guilt and build up the courage to leave, when I did it nearly destroyed me emotionally, but I healed very quickly. I may have to do it a second time soon and I am really not looking forward to it.

What actually does scare me the most is ending up completely alone. As in, no friends, family or partner. I've managed to build and maintain a good network of friends and I'm not planning on stopping. If I end up single for life, I could still have friends around to enjoy my time with, and still have a somewhat fulfilling life.

Sarah_Smiles

Today would be five on your list, I also fear I might settle just to make others happy, and forgo my own happiness ( that is a real concern)as time passes by.