Pregnancy before Marriage

• Author

My buddy IC married younger and his wife is at least now 38 or so. They had a second child in July.

I have my timelines. I guess for me, I don't know what it is. How are certain people more rock solid than others.

My friends that got together with their SO. There were no unexpected pregnancies. They met dated and got married and had kids. 1 couple did not.

I just know that my cousin's older sister had a hard time with her husband and I believe its because they went to fast.

Yes It is my cousins personal business on having a child. I have no problem with that. Its just that time and time again. I see surprise pregnancies crush the family.

In my mind. If I want something to last, baring a health illness or fatal accident. If I get a woman pregnant before we are gelled as a couple and are married or at least on the way. No nuclear family will be intact.

This one of the biggest things in our lives. Marriage and bringing kids into the world. I don't know why we can't just put more thought into it.

• Author

By the way. I would be happy with a Childless marriage. If she has a child and we have 1 child. I am fine either way.

• 2 weeks later...

If I wanted a child, I would never have one out of wedlock.

I don't believe in shotgun weddings though. I have never seen a shotgun wedding lead to a happy and healthy marriage.

I've noticed that many women will live with their boyfriends and have children with them, and then proceed to become very angry and insistent when their boyfriends refuse to get married. Since these women were foolish enough to give all the benefits of marriage without the commitment, I find it hard to feel sorry for them when their boyfriends are fine with shacking up forever. Sometimes the men give "engagement rings" and never get married-the rings are only given to shut up the girlfriends.

• Like 1
So whats your take on bringing a child into the world, before a couple is gelled with regards to being a solid couple.

I just found out that my younger cousin is pregnant and she is not married to the father. I know that not all relationships are perfect, but just looking around me and couples I know. Its like a pregnancy before marriage is almost a lock for the parents of the child to not be together for life.

Why is it that it seems to me. A lot of women are ok with this situation. Yet the Men are not really trying for this as a whole.

I'm in an interracial relationship with a Black man who's legally separated after breaking up with my fiancé. I'm almost 34 weeks pregnant now but I considered having an abortion when I first found out that I was expecting my son. Now that I'm as big as a house and I can feel my son kicking (pretty hard now) I'm glad that I decided to keep him. My boyfriend doesn't want to get married when his divorce finalized. He says one bad marriage is enough. I kind of feel the same way because we have a good relationship and our sex life is fantastic, especially now. He didn't have any kids from the marriage, and he's overjoyed about me having his son. It's not the baby's fault, you can always put it up for adoption.

Edited by BlondeSusane

I never married my sons father because I thought I would do better without him. He abused my grandfather and I and used us to the extreme. I have never regret my decision- especially after he told me ten years later that he got me pregnant on purpose. It has been 11 years of misery dealing with this man, but at least I do not have to live with someone as cruel and sexually perverted and selfish as him. God willing. Ever again.