At what age do women become invisible?

thefooloftheyear
Belle is an "older" woman, so what are you really trying to say here?

That she take up knitting and leave romance to the under 40s, as the "sobering" reality is that "quality" older men deserve a whole lot better???

The post wasn't directed at the OP....More of just a personal observation..But no....I hope only the best for her and everyone else here...;)

Make of it whatever you want....(((shrug))

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
Belle is an "older" woman, so what are you really trying to say here?

That she take up knitting and leave romance to the under 40s, as the "sobering" reality is that "quality" older men deserve a whole lot better???

No, he's just gloating :laugh: He wants to say "women who reject guys when they're young, loose their looks and get rejected when they're older" muahahahaha :p

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear
No, he's just gloating :laugh: He wants to say "women who reject guys when they're young, loose their looks and get rejected when they're older" muahahahaha :p

:laugh:

No, but think about this for a minute....

You hear constantly women bang on about how looks aren't that important with guys, and they want a nice guy, good guy, confident/successful guy, blah..blah...

But when a younger woman goes for an older guy, all other women cry foul using the logic of looks..huh???..:laugh::laugh:

It probably does suck that such importance is placed on a woman's looks/body, because a lot of it is out of their control....But I didn't make the rules of this game...I don't know what to tell you...

TFY

LOL! Yeah me to.

Seriously, in our unconscious brains it's all about procreation. If a man or a woman look as if they'd be a good mate to create a healthy strong and beautiful child they get more attention.

So when a woman looks like she's past childbearing years men won't look at her so much.

When a guy is all grey'd out and looks physically weak women won't look at him so much.

That's the way it is.

i would agree with this^^

• Like 1
  • Author
PhillyLibertyBelle
:laugh:

No, but think about this for a minute....

You hear constantly women bang on about how looks aren't that important with guys, and they want a nice guy, good guy, confident/successful guy, blah..blah...

But when a younger woman goes for an older guy, all other women cry foul using the logic of looks..huh???..:laugh::laugh:

It probably does suck that such importance is placed on a woman's looks/body, because a lot of it is out of their control....But I didn't make the rules of this game...I don't know what to tell you...

TFY

I’m wondering what isn’t looks but finance.

• Like 1
While this is generally true, older guys get "points" for stuff that women don't or can't...

A successful/wealthy older guy can pull from a wide variety of women...Even though we have gone to a more equalized society, many(most?) women see successful older guys as a catch-even if they don't quite have the looks anymore....>Also,. you have some older guys that are strong Alpha's that still pull more and higher quality women than their looks/age would normally be capable of...

Unfortunately for women,. it usually falls back to looks/body...Older women that keep themselves fit, don't chop their hair off and don't look matronly/old still can stay in the game, if that's their goal...I know older guys that wont give these women a second look(the one's that let themselves go)...They'll try for the better looking ones or try younger...

Sobering? Maybe ....But look at the bright side...you get to live longer...

TFY

I don't care if some old dude with cash wants to date younger women or not. It doesn't affect my life one bit.

My husband thinks I'm beautiful and good-looking guys in their 20's seem to be attracted to me so I guess I should feel good. (It makes me feel good for a second when I see them looking at me but that feeling leaves quickly.)

Actually, if my husband passed away I'd probably be too sad to date anyone ever again. So living longer isn't the bright side since I wouldn't want my husband to die before me.

• Like 1
  • Author
PhillyLibertyBelle

Well I was visible today at yoga! A 36 year old gent asked me for a coffee after. I thanked him sincerely and told him he made my day but I was at the beginning of a divorce and not dating for some time. He was understanding and said if I ever came to decide to date again to let him know! Feeling like a visible woman today!

• Like 1

That's awesome PhillyLibertyBelle! So happy you're getting involved with new things.

Younger people and even some men that are not so young can't imagine a woman over 40 being of much interest anymore. I think you realize that, but I wouldn't take their views to heart. I think sometimes they don't realize that women of any substance are not interested in young hot guys, so they aren't even on our radar, much less someone we would worry about attracting. Same with older guys with no depth looking for arm candy.

My real world experience at 53 is that I get more interest than I want at times. As you have already found out, you aren't going to have a problem attracting men. It's a great idea to take a little break and adjust to your new situation and get to know who you are on your own now.

• Like 1
That's awesome PhillyLibertyBelle! So happy you're getting involved with new things.

Younger people and even some men that are not so young can't imagine a woman over 40 being of much interest anymore. I think you realize that, but I wouldn't take their views to heart. I think sometimes they don't realize that women of any substance are not interested in young hot guys, so they aren't even on our radar, much less someone we would worry about attracting. Same with older guys with no depth looking for arm candy.

My real world experience at 53 is that I get more interest than I want at times. As you have already found out, you aren't going to have a problem attracting men. It's a great idea to take a little break and adjust to your new situation and get to know who you are on your own now.

Recently, I turned the big 50. It still feels weird to say that. If fact, I still think I'm in my 20's. The number 30 is still big to me.

I'm not in denial or mentally challenged (maybe a bit crazy) but my mindset hasn't changed much since my 20's. I've grown slightly more wiser and less emotionally explosive but still I'm very similar to my 20 something self.

I've started on a new career path, one that is very physical and mentally fasted paced. If fact, if you're not paying attention you might get killed. Seriously.

Training shelter dogs (mostly pit bulls) is no joke.

This is my new career, at 50. LOL. I love it. :)

• Like 1

I think 50 is kind of the cut off for a man or woman in the dating world. I am getting close to that age and I have made peace with the idea that I might never be in a commited monogomous relationship ever again.

The 20's and 30's are a great time for sex and romance. I don't see any point in continuing after 50 unless you are already in a long term relationship. I pitty the married people who have super-glued their lives together by that point. Growing old together? Sounds like a death sentence.

Sometimes the winning move is not to play. Relationships are not everything.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
I think 50 is kind of the cut off for a man or woman in the dating world. I am getting close to that age and I have made peace with the idea that I might never be in a commited monogomous relationship ever again.

The 20's and 30's are a great time for sex and romance. I don't see any point in continuing after 50 unless you are already in a long term relationship. I pitty the married people who have super-glued their lives together by that point. Growing old together? Sounds like a death sentence.

Utter nonsense.......

TFY

• Like 2
  • Author
PhillyLibertyBelle

There’s still time.

Yep l go with the nonsense on this one and if your single and would like to meet someone gees ya might wanna lose that attitude.

Tbh , when my marriage broke up late 40s, l worried about that too. but it doesn't seem to matter at all, because it turned out there's a ton of other people out there all going through the same stages too , males or females.

It struck me as a cycle , even if a bit of a sad one really but the reality is it's just back to the beginning and there was almost as many unmarried again and starting over as there was still married.

There's people here 60s meeting plenty of people of course that special one is still as hard as it ever was but there's a lotta people out there. Few stories too of even much older , read and heard of some great stuff.

Funny , but lately l've sorta come to the conclusion from everything l've seen and heard and experienced , that as long as your still breathing it's never too late, anything can happen.

• Like 3

Paul Allen just dead at 65. He has billions dollar.

while on the other hand this grandpa is the hottest at the runway at age 80.

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/chinas-hottest-grandpa/index.html

so, stop this age thing already. It is highly depended on the individuals.

You can't compare one 50 yr old to another 50 yrs old.

• Like 1

Nature has this hint, its called menopause..But we still don't listen.

Our culture tells us to be sexual until we are old and look like undead zombies. That is romantic we say. "Oh look how romantic, they are 80 and still have sex together". Give me a break..

Nature has this hint, its called menopause..But we still don't listen.

Our culture tells us to be sexual until we are old and look like undead zombies. That is romantic we say. "Oh look how romantic, they are 80 and still have sex together". Give me a break..

Well do feel free to stop having sex in your early fifties then.

Meanwhile if I make it to 80 or beyond, I hope to be having sex as frequently as I can through then and beyond.

• Like 1
Well do feel free to stop having sex in your early fifties then.

Meanwhile if I make it to 80 or beyond, I hope to be having sex as frequently as I can through then and beyond.

That is fine for couples who have been together for a long time or are married.

I am not sticking my D@#$ in an old vag. There is just no reason for it right now.

After 50 the creep factor does set in if you want to contie with younger women I think in general. You would have to dress sharp, be confident and deal with a lot of haters. I don't think it is worth it but my experience is not everyone's.

• Author
PhillyLibertyBelle

About the old vag comment, won’t your body parts be old too?

I think there are a lot of people who look and feel great well into their golden years.

As to the menopause that’s why many women use HRT. I can’t but I think I look above average and I hope to be able to keep my body in good shape as long as I can.

If you choose to check out early that’s certainly your choice.

Today I’m getting my hair done and I always feel fabulous after!

• Like 1
You hear constantly women bang on about how looks aren't that important with guys,

Women are raised from birth being told by society, family, friends, that they shouldn't be so hard on a man's looks, that there's other things about the man should and makes him attractive, and then you have these relationships failing because the woman was never attracted to him but she gave him a chance.

Women's standards in men aren't even that high for them to be genuinely attracted to the guy, and I'm talking about young, attractive women here,

like the thousands of attractive women I met in my college years who were dating their skinny/slightly overweight/average height/slightly shorter than average boyfriends when they could have been easily dating richer,(many didn't even have a job) hotter men.

and they want a nice guy, good guy, confident/successful guy, blah..blah...

Yes, they want a man who isn't boring to talk to, who has something, anything going on his life, and who has the personality traits necessary for a long-term relationship to work, and of course they want a guy who respects them and treats them well, all things expected and naturally wanted from a potential partner.

That's because older men are rarely attractive. They lose their hair, their develop wrinkles, they develop a beer gut/become overweight, and overall, men in their late teens and early 20s are far more virile, in general, and as the woman gains years of life, she's still very attractive and desired by pretty much every guy, whereas the guy enters middle-age and becomes even more unattractive.

There are men who are in their 30s, mid 30s, late 30s, and that are still physically attractive to attractive women in their early 20s, but men like those are as common as alien life must be.

• Like 1
That is fine for couples who have been together for a long time or are married.

I am not sticking my D@#$ in an old vag.

Wow. That is harsh. But probably best for all. Yikes. What do you think? Your old D@#$ is made of gold?

Edit: Actually, not just harsh. It is gross as well.

Edited by Veronica73
  • Like 1
After 50 the creep factor does set in if you want to contie with younger women I think in general

The creep factor that comes into existence by pursuing younger women doesn't set in when the guy is in his 50s.

It sets in when the guy is in his 30s, and decided that chasing after women in their late teens and early 20s is the cool thing to do if he wants to regain his lost youth, or as guys like that usually come up with as an excuse to chase after young women, '' I look much younger than my real age! Women my own age aged terribly while I look like a 21 year old Jared Leto!''

You would have to dress sharp, be confident and deal with a lot of haters.
Yes, a thick wallet, an expensive car, a big house in an expensive city, and an over priced Italian suit should at least convince a few girls that rent by the hour and need to pay their college debt to spend some time with the guy old enough to be her father. Edited by sabaton
Women are raised from birth being told by society, family, friends, that they shouldn't be so hard on a man's looks, that there's other things about the man should and makes him attractive, and then you have these relationships failing because the woman was never attracted to him but she gave him a chance.

Women's standards in men aren't even that high for them to be genuinely attracted to the guy, and I'm talking about young, attractive women here,

like the thousands of attractive women I met in my college years who were dating their skinny/slightly overweight/average height/slightly shorter than average boyfriends when they could have been easily dating richer,(many didn't even have a job) hotter men.

Yes, they want a man who isn't boring to talk to, who has something, anything going on his life, and who has the personality traits necessary for a long-term relationship to work, and of course they want a guy who respects them and treats them well, all things expected and naturally wanted from a potential partner.

That's because older men are rarely attractive. They lose their hair, their develop wrinkles, they develop a beer gut/become overweight, and overall, men in their late teens and early 20s are far more virile, in general, and as the woman gains years of life, she's still very attractive and desired by pretty much every guy, whereas the guy enters middle-age and becomes even more unattractive.

??? Love this , so the men are all this but when it's women they're just "gaining the years of life and are still very attractive." ahh, ok .

Dunno what planet your on but but it ain't the one l'm on .

So you go sleep with all the over weight middle aged women with bellies and wrinkles and everything south and an extra 20 or 30kg that are even more attractive and desired then.

l just mean wtf !!!

And just one more news flash , there are plenty of younger women into older guys and don't call it money either because l don't have much of that stuff, just as there are younger guys into older women

Edited by Chilli
??? Love this , so the men are all this but when it's women they're just "gaining the years of life and are still very attractive." ahh, ok .

Hair dye, make-up, flashy clothes that look good on them, braces, teeh-whitening procedures, minding what they eat, many times starving themselves because they're afraid of gaining a pound.

The beauty industry is worth billions of dollars a year, and guess to which gender the vast, vast majority of the people who have work done on them belong to?

The female gender.

How many guys avoid the sun as much as possible or at the very least use susncreen?

What is the daily routine for men? Wake up, wash their faces with a generic soap bar, shave, brush their teeth, take a shower and go about their day.

Do they exfoliate their skin? do they save up money for when their hairline begins to take a permanent holiday up north? Do they spend money to regain their hairline, or do they just let it be so and age 20 years overnight because of it?

Compare that to women's daily routine, how much time they spend on their hair, clothes, skin, teeth, body, and how as women age and men age, women continue to be as focused and dedicated to their personal self-care, and men become more and more lax about it?

Dunno what planet your on but but it ain't the one l'm on .

So you go sleep with all the over weight middle aged women with bellies and wrinkles and everything south and an extra 20 or 30kg that are even more attractive and desired then.

l just mean wtf !!!

overweight middle-aged women is not a thing over here. Usually the women in their middle years took care of their looks and fitness so well that they easily pass for late 20s, and they are approached and asked out and pursued by attractive men as much as a beautiful 18 year old woman is.

i was actually inside the train the other day marvelling at how beautiful this girl was, when suddenly a bunch of 10 year old kids went up to her and began to call her grandmother.

You think I would have rejected this woman if she was single and was interested in me just because of her age?

And just one more news flash , there are plenty of younger women into older guys

Nah. Women who are young and are interested in older men are usually physically unattractive women who are ignored by men their own age, or they're women who are really keen on having children and in getting married that early in life, and what attractive 18 year old man is that desperate to get married when life is pretty good for him?

There are SOME cases when the 18-22 year old hottie wants an older man, but how many guys look like Chris Pine, Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth to begin with?

and don't call it money either because l don't have much of that stuff, just as there are younger guys into older women

One exception does not a rule make.