Age Range in Dating

Mysterio

I think, at the end of the day, you can put a date range all you want, but if you can't attract many girls, you gotta accept whatever the sky gives you haha.

^^^^The bottom line.

Too many guys (usually) are trying to justify their search for women 10-15-20 years younger than they are but in reality those women are attracted or they just aren't.

NO amount of rules regarding age ranges, or who they SHOULD date, will make a blind bit of difference.

Truth is women in their 20s and 30s are perfectly suited to guys in their late twenties early 30s, loads in common, and that is when men look their best too.

Why would such women look for older guys past their peak, one main reason - money.

If you are older with no money then you need to have a sparkling personality the gift of the gab, some rare talent... otherwise you have almost no hope of attracting younger women.

Yeah l dunno how it all works and l certainly don't look rich but l get heaps of anything from 20ish upward showing well , l'm not sure actually l don't chase em but they don't seem too concerned about the wallet let me tell ya.

Women and their ways , one of life's cute little mysteries. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

• Author
I had a really great time with guys over 20 years older than me' date=' and I didn't feel the age gap at all. But I realized that by their age they really didn't want any children else they would have had them after living almost 50 years, and I also thought that when I became their age I would wake up to an old man. So I grew to resent them because how dare they be 50+ still getting young women, yet when I become 50+ I'd wake up to an old man.[/quote']

Depends on how one carrys themselves. Someone like Rick Springfield who is almost 70 looks at least 20 yrs younger. He looks more 50 than almost 70. So its about energy as well. I am always on the move. I don't sit still for the most part. If I go a day and sit home and watch tv and sleep. I feel bad.

Possible insight: I do my 'hunting' primarily on match.com. Every user, male or female, pretty much has to specify the age range they are seeking. I'm 64 and my search is set up for 54-67. But what I observe is: a) Most of the women that I see in my search results have a similar range to mine i.e. they only want to go 2 or 3 years older than their own age. This pretty much cuts out for me interest from a large proportion of women younger than 62 (doesn't stop me from messaging them if a lot of the other 'ducks line up'. b) I get quite of bit of profile views and interests from 'older women' - (just checking ... not counting any of the older 60-somethings, my profile was viewed by a 71 three days ago, 70 four days ago, 70 and 72 six days ago, two 73s nine days ago, 74 eleven days ago, 75 and 74 thirteen days ago, 73, 70 and 75 fourteen days ago, that's enough :D ). c) The youngest woman who has agreed to meet me is 56.

Profile views don't necessarily mean interest. When I was on match.com I had a system.

Every Monday evening I would run a search for men within 60 miles, with the age range and education I wanted and then I was watching TV while not looking at profiles at all and just hitting next next next. Then all of them thought I looked at their profile. Tu morning I had a few fishies in my net, and by the weekend at least one date :D

I guess many of the men thought: "man this woman is really interested in me, she keeps looking at my profile every week" :D

My now husband insists that I showed interest in him first, and this is why he messaged me on match. I didn't, but I am glad my little scam worked :p

thefooloftheyear

Truth is women in their 20s and 30s are perfectly suited to guys in their late twenties early 30s, loads in common, and that is when men look their best too.

Why would such women look for older guys past their peak, one main reason - money.

This was the "old" way it was done...I don't necessarily think its the case anymore...

I have 2 friends over 50 and one over 60 with much younger women..

The over 60 guy is an attorney, decent looking but not anything to go nuts over...He has some money, but probably not even as much as I do, lol...And he's married to a woman that is above average attractive early 30's.(they married when she was in her 20's)....And she signed a pre nup, so she aint in it for the money...If they ever divorce, it will likely be his choice, from what i have seen..

The two others are just regular Joe's..One is a tatted up biker type...Divorced, broke, lives to have fun, etc...Average looking, maybe some points for the outlaw biker look, I know some women go for that look..Women he's with is mid 30's attractive, great body...etc.

The other is just a regular guy....Divorced, average income, average looking, etc..

I think a lot of younger women have had their fill of late 20/30 something guys that have soft bodies, still play video games, immature commitment phobes, and have no hint of any real Alpha qualities... There are tons of these guys now...Way more than when I was that age...

TFY

Profile views don't necessarily mean interest. When I was on match.com I had a system.

Every Monday evening I would run a search for men within 60 miles, with the age range and education I wanted and then I was watching TV while not looking at profiles at all and just hitting next next next. Then all of them thought I looked at their profile. Tu morning I had a few fishies in my net, and by the weekend at least one date :D

I guess many of the men thought: 'man this woman is really interested in me, she keeps looking at my profile every week' :D

My now husband insists that I showed interest in him first, and this is why he messaged me on match. I didn't, but I am glad my little scam worked :p

Cool profile scam :D

I agree that profile views don't necessarily mean interest. I counted views for my example because there are a lot more of them. The 'interests' are separate from profile views: Likes and Yes Ratings. It would be interesting if the 70+ ladies viewing my profile are doing your scam (I got a freaking 90 two days ago) but I'm not optimistic on their behalf that they get many responses from 'younger' men like me ;)

• Like 1
This was the "old" way it was done...I don't necessarily think its the case anymore...

I have 2 friends over 50 and one over 60 with much younger women..

The over 60 guy is an attorney, decent looking but not anything to go nuts over...He has some money, but probably not even as much as I do, lol...And he's married to a woman that is above average attractive early 30's.(they married when she was in her 20's)....And she signed a pre nup, so she aint in it for the money...If they ever divorce, it will likely be his choice, from what i have seen..

The two others are just regular Joe's..One is a tatted up biker type...Divorced, broke, lives to have fun, etc...Average looking, maybe some points for the outlaw biker look, I know some women go for that look..Women he's with is mid 30's attractive, great body...etc.

The other is just a regular guy....Divorced, average income, average looking, etc..

I think a lot of younger women have had their fill of late 20/30 something guys that have soft bodies, still play video games, immature commitment phobes, and have no hint of any real Alpha qualities... There are tons of these guys now...Way more than when I was that age...

TFY

n=3...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cupid's Puppet
Depends on how one carrys themselves. Someone like Rick Springfield who is almost 70 looks at least 20 yrs younger. He looks more 50 than almost 70. So its about energy as well. I am always on the move. I don't sit still for the most part. If I go a day and sit home and watch tv and sleep. I feel bad.

A person has to be willing to take that risk. 20 years from now he can be a Rick Springfield or he can have tubes running up his nose. And I would still resent him no matter what because I know that if the shoe was on the other foot, a 25 year old man wouldn't be checking for a 50 year old woman. So I just resent that men fair better in the dating world. Sue me :p

• Author

At 47. 20/21 is a little young for me. I see early 20's as having lots of options. 70 + to me is in a different zone for me.

I guess just sex and no commitment. No big deal. A LTR with meeting both family/friends. Thats a different story.