Past affair partner keeps calling work. Help!

Are you planning to also send a duplicate copy to his wife?

His wife needs to know he's been contacting you.

And he also needs to understand you will tell her when he contacts you.

It's the quickest way to get him to stop... by telling her.

Moderation stopping by to remind members to read the whole thread, not just the starting post, and keep postings adherent to the topic as developed by the starter and always constructive and respectful. Thanks!

• Author
How did your husband handle your delay in telling in him, if I may ask?

He wasn’t happy, but we are communicating and he is satisfied with the plan, which is in motion. We had a long talk and will continue to do so. We have done a lot in therapy because we’ve both made mistakes.

• Like 1
I HAVEN’T sent 5 letters. Or any letters. In the last 2 years, after I broke it off, he has called my office on 5 different occasions. From different numbers. Please read the OP before assuming. I have immediately hung up and he will call back, from a different number, again a little later. I just say, “Don’t contact me again.” And hang up. There’s been no letters...

My husband now knows.

How many phone numbers does this guy have?!

Spoofing phone numbers has been around forever. Businesses still rely on phone traffic for customers and the OP is tasked with answering the phone at the business, hence the potential is always there for unwanted contact. Only way to change that is to change positions in the company to get away from the phones or find another job. Spoofing phone numbers isn't generally illegal unless money and/or threats is involved.

Also, cops and the legal system generally don't care unless there's a dead body. Someone calling up an old affair partner is exceedingly low on the legal system's totem pole. Heck where I live the sheriff won't even respond unless it's a shots fired report or the court makes them.

MM's with multiple partners know exactly how to play the system right to the edge of legality. They're smart. Can't control them. All one can do is control oneself. Looks like the OP is on that. Keep trying stuff until a solution is found.