How do beggers find that easier than working a few hours ?

thefooloftheyear

I dunno.....

In this economy, especially with the massive shortage in the trades/manual labor types of fields, you can pretty much clear at least a hundred a day here with little more than a capability to push a broom or put a shovel in the ground...

If you have any skills at all or are the least bit industrious, you can make more...sometimes a lot more...Drive a truck?? Most are making upwards of 1500-2k week....in some areas where need is greater its not unusual to see truckers with 150K on their W2...

Why then do able bodied people beg/live on the street?

TFY

Why then do able bodied people beg/live on the street?

TFY

as I stated earlier - they enjoy the lifestyle

I am all for experiencing different things in life just for the sake of perspective. For a guy to go from living a wealthy person's lifestyle to being homeless, it was probably horrendous. For some people, it's more of a slow downward spiral where life slowly gets worse and worse, and then one day, you are at the bottom. Either that or their life was always horrendous and being homeless isn't such a big deal.

There is a reason most homeless shelters prioritize helping women over men. It's just ain't safe out there for you ladies, especially if you don't look like a complete troll. Too many predators out there would love to run into a homeless, helpless girl.

Well, I didn’t go into detail but when that guy did that, he wasn’t wealthy. He acquired it later. And, yes, I figured I’d be a sitting duck attempting a stunt like that because I was in my 20s and that alone probably would’ve been enough. Lol. I mean, I exhibit have fairly risky behavior at times but even that was a bridge too far for me. I suppose it could be done in complete solitude but you’d lose the real experience. Mostly, I thought it was amazing that someone did what I had thought about doing. I’ve never before or since heard anybody say they thought about it or deliberately had that experience.