What is my next move?

• Author

Well, I found out that they suspended the search and eliminated the position I applied for. I thanked them for their time and the opportunity. Glad I know, so I can move on.

• Like 1
Well, I found out that they suspended the search and eliminated the position I applied for. I thanked them for their time and the opportunity. Glad I know, so I can move on.

Oh man, that is frustrating. Yep at least you can move on to the next opportunities..

• Like 1

Ugh, what a pain. But at least you weren't left hanging any longer. Maybe they'll have cause to reinstate the position sometime in the future.

Regarding your previous post, are you in a metro area or near enough to one to commute? To find more opportunities without having to move or, if moving isn't an option, without having to settle for something that won't advance you in the way(s) you want.

• Author
Ugh, what a pain. But at least you weren't left hanging any longer. Maybe they'll have cause to reinstate the position sometime in the future.

Regarding your previous post, are you in a metro area or near enough to one to commute? To find more opportunities without having to move or, if moving isn't an option, without having to settle for something that won't advance you in the way(s) you want.

I'm in a metro area, but what I'm wanting to do is kinda hard to get a job in

around here. I do have a lot of connections, but there's just nothing out there right now. I actually made the decision to go back fill-time in my current position yesterday. My manager asked me out of the blue, and I decided to go ahead and take it for the stability and cheaper health insurance. Realistically, I think it could take me a year to find another job.

• Author
View this as practice. The more you interview the better you become at it.

I definitely need the practice. It's been years since I've had an interview.