Losing weight but not losing butt size

Even if all you did was that one simple leg lift standing up and then started adding an ankle weight, it would work. I would rather add waits than having to do a million reps.

you cannot target specific weight loss. I don't care what cream, pills are on the market. You loose weight everywhere. some areas more than others. some areas you will retain that shape due to genetics.

I train at the east coast mecca and other hardcore gyms on long island. These hardcore gyms produce amazing bodies. Every woman who has that shape every woman wants and a perfect butt, are all in the weight room. Not cardio section. Every woman in these gyms, has a perfect butt. so IMO if you want to "preserve" that area, gotta hit the weights.

• Like 2

Depends on your genetic body shape really. I lose/gain weight very uniformly, except I'm getting puffy face when gaining:( If you're a pear shape (big butt, wide hip bones), you'd maintain your shape just scale down proportionately.

Your BF is probably concerned you'd get too skinny - some women get caught up losing weight to insanity. I don't think +/-20lbs will be anyone's concern.

He has always complimented my shape. I think he just got used to the bigger tush and is missing it. Lol

I’m going to look into doing exercises for glutes.

If you want to build a bigger a--, I suggest squatting, period. There's many programs out there that target the glutes but good ol' fashioned squats are going to give you the best return for your effort. They're one of the best lifts out there and can be done with bodyweight, holding a dumbbell or kettlebell or going all out with a bar. Three-five sets of squats a few days per week will give you better results than hours spent other exercises. Just make sure you're using proper form to take the stress off of your knees and lower back.

• Like 1