I gained 40 pounds in 11 months. Time to get back to the old me

• Author
So glad you started this thread Tek! And CONGRATS on the weight loss! Awesome job and keep it up! Feels so good to see those numbers go down!

My bf and I have gained weight since we got together. I used to eat healthy, walk alllll the time. That was all I needed to maintain my weight. He used to eat healthy and jog. But I guess we kind of got in the way of each other's routines. We live together now, so we kind of got on this lazy train.

He feels like s*** about himself, so do I. Kind of self loathing at this point. He's depressed, in quite a rut. I'm ok but really want to shed some pounds. I think he feels worse though because he gained more than I did considering he works from home, sitting at his desk all day. My job requires me to zip around the unit all night so I'm getting some steps in at least.

I think we're just both enabling each other at this point. He says he wants to go to the gym, I have a pass that allows me to take a guest but we never end up going...no idea why. I always ask him to take walks with me. I can lose 20lbs just by walking 3 times a week for 2 months. But he never wants to walk with me. Sometimes I'll go by myself. I really want to start my walking routine again but ughhh...I need a push!!! And so does he!

The best thing is to just do it, not talk about it. Next chance you get, grab his hand and tell him "Honey we're going to the gym."

It's always the first step that is hardest!

Quick update: still dropping the weight slowly but surely. Down to 196 as of last week. Went on vacation this past week so probably put on a few but not beating myself up. Gonna get back on track today!

In April of 2017 I was 220 lbs. I am now 197 lbs as of Oct 2018. The weight really came off a lot for me was Intermitten fasting. So I eat in an 8 hour window. I bounce between 12 to 16 hrs of not eating. Drink water and the weight has come off slow, but a lot more with Intermitten fasting way more than anything else I have done.

I work out at least 5 x a week. It may not be for everyone. It has worked for me and my goal is to go to get to about 160-170 lbs and stay between that, but most likley stay around 170 lbs.

how tall are you Mysterio?

These past 11 months I was in a relationship with a girlfriend who was an absolute foodie. I picked up some bad eating habits but it's certainly my fault as well. Anyway, we broke up (mutual) as of last week and in the week I've been single, I can already feel a difference just by eating right and exercising. I went from 180 to 219.... probably tipped over 220 at some point but I was too scared to look after I saw 219. I weighed in at 212 this past Tuesday and will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a pretty good week although I did treat myself to a "break up pizza" on Tuesday which I spread over 3 days. (4 slices Tuesday dinner, 2 slices Wednesday lunch, last 2 slices Thursday lunch).

But overall, nothing that killed my week. Can't wait to see the progress I make. I know it's not going to be overnight and I likely won't see semi-drastic results until mid September or so (i.e. a month from now). I'll probably be losing weight into January 2019 because I have 30+ pounds to drop. Taking the mindset of slow and steady but watching my calories too.

Anyone else went on a lifestyle change/diet post break up? How did it go?

Yeah I had this happen as well I was 190 and hit 249 with current GF. I getting it off down to 232 now.. I not eating what she eats she's out of town now I workout and eat right. I drink tea that loosens the weight also freeze my stomach too.

• Author
Yeah I had this happen as well I was 190 and hit 249 with current GF. I getting it off down to 232 now.. I not eating what she eats she's out of town now I workout and eat right. I drink tea that loosens the weight also freeze my stomach too.

Nice, good job bro keep it up. Take it from me... excessive weight gain can kill relationships. Even if your GF is slow to come on board, if you continue to make positive changes she'll notice it and either be inspired to join you or you guys will grow apart. Regardless, you'll be taking care of yourself and that's the most important thing.