The orange tabby.....

I get that feeling about certain animals and it takes me days if not weeks to shake it off sometimes. =/

Just make sure you really want a cat and everything that comes with it before you do anything. The only thing worse than dealing with it sad in the cage is the horrible experience of returning it.

Also, Timshel's dog is hogging my leg space in the bed right now if that helps you any in your decision. Expect sacrifices to be made.

I first read that as 'hogging your leg'. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Author
thefooloftheyear
I first read that as 'hogging your leg'. :lmao:

So did I....:laugh:

So, first of all thank you to all...I think I liked all your posts, but with this new system. I can't say if I missed any....But rest assured...I appreciate it...

I have a few great leads for homes...People who I know and trust..If I can't successfully place him, or if someone else doesn't give him a proper home. then I will figure out a way...Perhaps keeping him at the biz isn't too bad either...He'll get tons of attention, more than a regular cat would all alone during the day...

I think about him several times during the day....The thing that really gets me is that he's pretty big, and is in a cage thats barely 2/3 bigger than the size of him..:(..

I did learn that more than 80% of orange tabbies are male...Wasn't aware of that..

TFY

• Like 4

If you read up on personalities, a lot of it rings true. Here's one sample:

https://www.catster.com/cats-101/orange-tabby-cat-facts

Gregarious! I'm not shocked that you're getting a different impression from him in a cage. He's depressed.

I have a Tortie, and there's a very real thing called Tortietude. Torties and Calicoes are nearly exclusively female, and males tend to be sterile. Cat genetics are a lot more complicated than dogs.

I honestly think that if you got him out of there, he'd thrive in your office, as long as you give him a safe space to retreat to when he feels the need.

Does he have a name? Most of them already do. I've only changed the name of one of my adoptees, so won't be bothered if he's not a Cheddar. Mine was named Opal, and I couldn't help but think of elderly ladies. (No offense to any Opals here). So, she became Mia.

When are you bailing him out? ;)

Side note: if he has his claws, and you so much as ponder declawing, I'll track you down and cut your fingers off at the first knuckle. :D If he's been declawed, then I'm now feeling doubly bad for him. :(

• Like 2
The cat is trying to tell him something. All the answers will become clear when he brings Cheddar home.

I don't want to fight with you (:laugh:) but this cat seems more like a strong man like FOTY and that's why the name "Mr. Orange" is more appropriate for him.

Now state your case for the name Cheddar:

• Like 1
  • Author
thefooloftheyear
If you read up on personalities, a lot of it rings true. Here's one sample:

https://www.catster.com/cats-101/orange-tabby-cat-facts

Gregarious! I'm not shocked that you're getting a different impression from him in a cage. He's depressed.

I have a Tortie, and there's a very real thing called Tortietude. Torties and Calicoes are nearly exclusively female, and males tend to be sterile. Cat genetics are a lot more complicated than dogs.

I honestly think that if you got him out of there, he'd thrive in your office, as long as you give him a safe space to retreat to when he feels the need.

Does he have a name? Most of them already do. I've only changed the name of one of my adoptees, so won't be bothered if he's not a Cheddar. Mine was named Opal, and I couldn't help but think of elderly ladies. (No offense to any Opals here). So, she became Mia.

When are you bailing him out? ;)

Side note: if he has his claws, and you so much as ponder declawing, I'll track you down and cut your fingers off at the first knuckle. :D If he's been declawed, then I'm now feeling doubly bad for him. :(

I'd never consider altering any animal for my own convenience...I think that practice really needs to be completely banned...I don't even really care for some of the selective breeding for certain types of looks or odd mutations...Its stupid...I prefer all animals be in their natural state...

Yes, looks like he has a name, but the card on the front is smudged,,It also says he's a year and a half old, but he looks a bit older.....But if I wind up with him, I was thinking or changing it to Tonto,,,,He reminds me so much of the cat from that 70's movie "Harry and Tonto".,,,,If you have never seen it, its worth a look...Kinda sad in a way, but a very well done film...;)

TFY

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic

Tonto is a great name, and you absolutely need this cat for your office. Businesses with cats roaming around are awesome! I was thinking he was really old for some reason. Since he isn't, he will adapt just fine.

• Like 1
I don't want to fight with you (:laugh:) but this cat seems more like a strong man like FOTY and that's why the name "Mr. Orange" is more appropriate for him.

Now state your case for the name Cheddar:

Very selfish reason, I love cheese. But I couldn't, in good conscience, name a cat Cheeto in these modern days. :p For the same reason, I couldn't go with Mr Orange. :lmao:

Tonto is good and strong, no argument from me!

• Like 2
Very selfish reason, I love cheese. But I couldn't, in good conscience, name a cat Cheeto in these modern days. :p For the same reason, I couldn't go with Mr Orange. :lmao:

Tonto is good and strong, no argument from me!

Steve the cat?

• Like 2
If you have your own office can't he be your work cat? This way he won't have to come to your house but can get lovin every day?

Your dogly wogs are so darn cute! Sorry back on topic now.

• Like 1

Among our eight (currently) feline rescues, we adopted an older orange tabby from a PetsMart cage. His original male caretaker passed away a 90. So he prefers my company to that of my wife. :)

Scotty is now sixteen and chubby. This gentle geriatric recently lost his left canine that I later found on our living room carpet. He likes to roll over and let me tickle his fuzzy belly. :D

• Like 3
Oh, believe me...If it was humanly possible, I would...Gladly...:)

I have a friggin menagerie already here and while we have always had cats and dogs through my life, I have never bought one...They were/are ALL rescues or street strays...And each one was/is special..

I know animal behavior pretty well, and it appears to me that this guy would be the type that wouldn't be happy unless he was the sole animal in the house..I had a cat just like him years ago...Also a male...same temperament..I could be wrong, but that's my gut feeling..

I'm gonna see what I can do to get him into a good home...There has to be someone in my circle that would love to have this guy as a companion..:)

TFY

How many animals do you have in how much space?

• Author
thefooloftheyear
How many animals do you have in how much space?

Cold or warm blooded? Including reptiles and arachnids?

TFY

Those that you think would have issues with the cat.

I think cats consider arachnids 'dinner'. :lmao:

All my pet spiders disappeared. :(

• Like 1

I got the metaphor now.

Cheddar is a big guy, trapped in a cage not large enough for him.

TFY wants, and needs, to do the same. Break out.

Neither of them are exactly sure how to go about it.

Together, they will figure it out.

So, is he home yet? :D

• Like 1
  • Author
thefooloftheyear
I got the metaphor now.

Cheddar is a big guy, trapped in a cage not large enough for him.

TFY wants, and needs, to do the same. Break out.

Neither of them are exactly sure how to go about it.

Together, they will figure it out.

So, is he home yet? :D

Very interesting observation, my friend....

Don't worry...I have several things in the works...This is going to have a good ending...Soon...:)

TFY

• Like 4
CautiouslyOptimistic
Very interesting observation, my friend....

Don't worry...I have several things in the works...This is going to have a good ending...Soon...:)

TFY

Yay! :):love:

• Like 1