Mother of my son won’t let me be involved

Don't worry about why she is doing this to you.. the fact is that she is doing this to you and you need the courts on your side at this point

Do what Miss Clavel posted to do... she has it right...

That is a really good question for the lawyer... if she ever changes her mind, can she decide to come after you for past child support? Because if she can do this, the last thing that you want is to get a bill for thousands, and thousands of dollars...

Talk to a lawyer. Protect yourself (and your son).

• Like 1
That is a really good question for the lawyer... if she ever changes her mind, can she decide to come after you for past child support? Because if she can do this, the last thing that you want is to get a bill for thousands, and thousands of dollars...

Talk to a lawyer. Protect yourself (and your son).

Oh yes she can absolutely go for back child support.

Bdad, who do you want more in your life - her or your child?

Because I’m so in love with her. She’d been texting this guy back and forth and I just freaked out. I know for a fact she’s been with him since our son has been born.

Why wouldn't she be? I don't know why she's still having sex with you, but sounds like she lost respect for you and has emotionally moved on. Just because you want her doesn't mean she has to be with you. But you can get joint custody of your son as long as you don't have drug or alcohol problems, have a suitable bedroom for him, and are reliable and employed.

You need to be using birth control. A baby is a big thing to have by mistake.

• Author

She called me late last night and said he hadn’t slept in two days and she needed help. I went over there and sat up with him while she got some rest. We took him to the doctor and we’re hoping he just has a virus. I’m with them now, she’s sleeping and I’m trying to get him to sleep too.

I just want to understand why she’s doing this to me...

Because she just had a baby with someone else

I hate to tell you this but you need that paternity test. The darling baby you are investing so much of your heart in, probably isn't yours. You need to get this straightened out before he is aware of what's going on, gets attached to you & then you disappear.

• Author
I hate to tell you this but you need that paternity test. The darling baby you are investing so much of your heart in, probably isn't yours. You need to get this straightened out before he is aware of what's going on, gets attached to you & then you disappear.

I did. This is my child, one hundred percent.

• Like 1

You received a lot of advice telling you to get a lawyer. Have you made an appointment yet?

I did. This is my child, one hundred percent.

Then you should decide if you want to be a dad or boyfriend. Doesn't look like both are simultaneously possible with this particular partner...

Mr. Lucky

MidnightBlue1980
As of right now, no money has been accepted. I just want to understand why she’s doing this to me...

Awe. First, it is so nice to see how much you love your baby. :love::love:

Second, you need to get that right in writing. Doctor it up. Why is she doing this to you? She could be immature, not love you, love you but be a mess, who knows. What is important is you securing your rights - now. That is your baby!

Third, stop having sex with her unless you are in a committed relationship and she shows maturity and serious changes.

As of right now, no money has been accepted. I just want to understand why she’s doing this to me...

Because she is not in love with you. You have to accept this and move on to just having time and custody of your baby. You aren't going to have her too.

Miss Clavel
Oh yes she can absolutely go for back child support.

Bdad, who do you want more in your life - her or your child?

ita, he should start a savings account in both their names and start adding an amount equal to what a court will order for child support.

take the bank statement and the DNA results to a lawyer.

Edited by Miss Clavel